Design Engineer - Customer Adaptation
- Engineer and develop technical solution for customer order
- Create, release and maintain S-notes securing vehicle functionality and features
- Support general technical or engineering activities as requested
- Support & co-ordinate CA design changes into Production
- Work collaboratively with Production Engineers and CA Support Technicians to troubleshoot CA issues
- Work collaboratively with CA Preparation Engineers to improve quality of CA assembly instructions
- Work collaboratively with CA Case Managers to improve CA Quotation process
- Follow-up technical solution and take corrective actions if needed
- Monitor and follow the quality of the design solutions
- Answer S-Note related PROTUS/Production Issues as required
- Key member of cross functional team for design reviews of complex S-notes
- Identify and maintain KPIs - develop action plans if required
- Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or at least 5 years relevant experience
- Experienced in production of heavy trucks or related industry
- Extensive product knowledge
- Extensive knowledge on complete vehicle and function groups
- Extensive CA process knowledge
- Legal knowledge (basic)
- Knowledge of industrial processes to judge industrial impact
- Experience with CAD & Calculation tools
- Have a continuous improvement mindset
- Able to quickly adapt to changes
- Advanced system knowledge including KAP, OM/CAQ, CAD, VBI, EDB, KAX, KOLA
- Ability to create and maintain a Cross Functional Team approach to the role
- Competitive remuneration (from $80,000 plus superannuation)
- Career development with Global prospects
- Salary sacrifice fifth week of annual leave
- Service recognition
- Employee benefits and discounts from a large selection of Retailers
- Supportive and family-friendly team culture focused on diversity and equality
- A strong commitment to safety, quality and service
- A dedicated Wellness program with discounted Private Health Insurance & Dental
- Workplace Giving Program.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.