Senior Engineer Cab Vehicle Front
Then this position is the right one for you.
Cab Engineering North America has the responsibility for Cab Projects as well as Cab Architecture, Cab Geometry Architecture and Geometry Assurance for the Mack Truck and Volvo Truck brands. We develop new and advanced cabs for our future trucks, while continually adapting our current products to different market demands. Working in an international environment is an exciting challenge, which is placing more and higher demands on our employees.
Vehicle Front Team is responsible to develop and deliver major aesthetic and aerodynamic components and systems. Including headlights, hoods, hinges and latches, grilles, bumpers, splash shields.
As an Engineer in Vehicle Front Team you will have the opportunity to perform complex and challenging engineering tasks, involving the design, testing and manufacturing of parts and systems. You will provide solutions/strategies through a cross functional network of people in a fast paced environment. You will be a member of a very collaborative team and will contribute to the team growth. You will apply and further develop your competences and skills, aiming the continuous improvement of our deliveries. You will interact and work with people from different countries and cultures.
- Ownership of complete deliveries in Quality, Timing, Cost & Feature
- Life cycle responsibility for various Vehicle Front components or systems including concept, detailed engineering design, maintenance and administration
- Cross-functional coordination with counterparts in other departments and/or suppliers to facilitate and meet project time plans
- Proactively work to maintain or improve product quality performance
- Accuracy and accountability within the area of assignment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Master of Science degree (Mechanical) preferred
- At least 8 years of experience in product development with experience in automotive, heavy truck experience is preferred
- Experience in plastic and sheet metal Engineering, from design criteria to tooling characteristics
- Familiar with the use of quality tools such as FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, etc.
- Experience in Catia V5 and PDM systems
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional engineering tasks
- Action oriented
- Customer Focus
- Instills Trust
- Values Differences
- Communicates Effectively
- Drive for results
- Functional/technical skills
- Collaborative group skills
- Problem solving
- Priority setting
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.