We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others that want to be like us. Our company culture is how we interact with each other, with our customers and society as a whole. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo – innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
You will be a member of the team of purchasing project and operations and you will participate in the vision to become a world class purchasing team, as part of a high-performing team, leveraging our suppliers to excel competitiveness of each business region. You will contribute to the overall site deliverables and profitability of the company by fulfilling the purchasing requirements.
- Negotiate agreements based on a TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) approach
- Deliver on the projects expectations (including prototype purchasing)
- Places all relevant purchasing orders
- Manages supplier interaction during project phase
- Secure and optimize the Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature (QDCF) in serial production
- Drive efficiency improvements across the supply chain
- Manages product changes in production phase
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and global alignment of processes and procedures
WHO ARE YOU?
- University degree in Engineering or Business/Economics, MSc/MBA or equal
- 10 years of purchasing automotive experience
- Fully proficient in English
- Strong ability to drive change within an international environment
- Target/result oriented approach, good interpersonal skills and project mindset, as well as openness towards working in a multi-cultural environment are required
- Business, financial & cost management approach
- Presentation Skills: Ability to be effective in a variety of formal presentation settings
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Experience from automotive purchasing (OEM level)
- Experience with cost drivers and cost structures
- Experience in sourcing activities and negotiations
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
This section is optional. You may write here the contact point name (HR and/or Hiring line manager) with respective mail and/or business phone number.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.