Industry and Body Build Support Manager – Volvo Bus Corporation Region
Asia Pacific is one of the leading clusters within Volvo Bus and has a proud history of profitability and growth.
Volvo Bus Corporation is the world’s second largest manufacturer of large buses and coaches under Volvo Group. The range comprises of complete vehicles, chassis, transportation system solutions, financing and service contract maintenance. Production is carried out in Europe, North America, South America and Asia, employing more than 7,000 employees.
Volvo Bus Region Singapore has represented Volvo Bus Corporation within Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia. The market responsibilities can be summarized as establishing, retaining and coordinating customer relationship/s, sales, service & soft sales.
Main responsibilities and authorities:
- Responsible for compliance, management and support of Region Singapore bodybuilders
- Ensure effective working relationship is maintained through regular bodybuilder visits
- Responsible for new model introductions and introduction of new chassis products to Region Singapore
- Responsible for supporting and managing local Homologation requirements
- Engineering support for Region Singapore (Sales & Service)
- Develop new options applicable to the Region Singaore
- Achieve a high level of Customer satisfaction
- Distribute to all local bodybuilders information regarding Volvo chassis integration and standards
- Conduct training for body builders related to quality management, introduction of new chassis product and training on chassis to body interface
- Review and approval of new body designs submitted by Volvo’s body build partners
- Complete audits and inspections of relevant bodybuilders
- Liaise with VBC and bodybuilders on all aspects of body build literature and build requirements
- Ensure and maintain a high level of technical expertise for Bus products, particularly with regard to electronics
- Audit, visit and support Volvo’s CKD (complete knock down) facilities in Region Singapore
- Monitor quality through regular bodybuilder visits whilst offering support for technical issues
- Provide sales staff and dealers with Volvo chassis technical information and performance data
- Support Sales Staff where required in selling vehicles into the market
- Support Service Staff where required with technical enquires and issues
- Provide dealers and customers with chassis information and instructions
- Ensure compliance with Volvo Commercial Vehicles Environmental Policy, Quality Assurance System and Workplace Health & Safety requirements, and in general take any reasonable steps and precautions to protect or minimize harm to the workplace, its employees and the environment
- Mechanical trade certificate or equivalent.
- Project Management.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of bodybuilding methods and practices (multiplexing, chassis integration, etc.)
- Strong Bus or Heavy Vehicle technical background
- Knowledge of relevant Design & use Regulations
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Programs and Technical Engineering Programs
- Problem solving/resolution skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The location of this position can be based in Singapore, Malaysia or Indonesia
- Regular travel throughout Region Singapore including Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam is required
Volvo Buses, is driven by a purpose to ensure that millions of people reach their travel destination every day. Reliably, safely and with respect for the environment. We want to make a difference, being pioneers of sustainable transport solutions of the future. We want to be there for our customers providing uptime and reliability, all over the world every day. Volvo Buses is leading the biggest technology shift in public transport in decades with our electromobility offer. We work with passion, we trust each other and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.