Commodity Buyer Personal Safety-Europe/Welding Equipment
Our department in Indirect Products & Services provides the Volvo Group plants with the products & services they need to secure production of our trucks/buses/wheel loaders etc… We are also in the driving seat to capture innovations from our suppliers and anticipate Industry 4.0 challenges.
Who are we?
Our team is part of Volvo Group Purchasing and within the group of Products & Operational Services. We specialize in Industrial Services & Consumables and we are 11 people in the team located in both Sweden and France.
You will be based in Gothenburg (Arendal area) or Lyon and you will work with all our European plants in Sweden, France and Belgium (Gent, Tuve, Skövde, Bourg, Blainville, etc…). Therefore, this role requires regular travels to mentioned locations and to some of our suppliers.
What will you be doing?
As our Commodity Buyer for Personal Safety (Work Wear/Personal Protection Equipment) and Welding Equipment, you will collaborate with local, regional and global counterparts as well as internal stakeholders in order to get the best possible results for Volvo in terms of Quality, Delivery, Cost, Features, Technology while ensuring Volvo’s long-term Sustainability and managing Risks (QDCFTSR). You will also strengthen our competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market.
Regarding our suppliers, you will manage and develop our supplier base using categorization, segmentation, continuous performance evaluation. You will also map and identify new suppliers so as to develop new business models and new ways to buy.
You will also :
- Execute all sourcing activities
- Issue RFQs, negotiate an optimal cost level for your portfolio and carry out contract negotiations and management
- Contribute to Europe KPI target fulfillment
- Interact as key contact with the stakeholders, mainly in the plants
- Identify, drive synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group including but not limited to participation in internal network meetings and external benchmarking
- Contribute to the development of the segment business plan (strategy) to support Volvo’s strategic objectives
- Secure innovations for your segments
Who are we looking for?
To become our next Commodity Buyer, we believe you have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or Business Administration
- Fluent in English is a must (in speech and writing); Fluent in Swedish is an asset
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Ability to work in cross functional teams
- Priority management skills
- Experience of working with Total Cost of Ownership (TCO), driving cost improvement opportunities
- Communication skills and strong interest to develop good collaboration with stakeholders, suppliers and team
Our group is diverse and consists of various types of culture and people, and we see that you are comfortable working with everybody. Your mindset is analytical, problem solving and results oriented.
Doesn’t this sound like an amazing opportunity? We are confident that you will fit right in.
Did you know? For many years, as a “disability friendly” company, Renault Trucks SAS has been committed to including people with disabilities in our professional environment.
Volvo Group Purchasing has 125 BSEK in Purchasing annual spend and 2,550 suppliers in serial production. Only for the truck business, 2 billion truck parts were delivered to 40 plants around the world. By scouting and working with high performing suppliers, we deliver the best possible products and service that bring value to our customers. We support the Volvo Group’s mission ‘Driving prosperity through transport solutions’ by applying the principles of Code of Conduct and sustainable sourcing to the purchasing processes.
When you join Volvo Group Purchasing, you will become part of a global network with more than 1,300 professionals in 50 different sites across 25 countries. We offer unique opportunities for you to connect with people across functions, and we are passionate to accelerate your career through competence development.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.