The Operations Manager for the Support Distribution Center is a key person in the Rugby Logistics Services operation. You will be responsible for directing the activities of the warehouse including staffing, supervision, proper utilization of space, equipment, and manpower. The position requires experience in warehousing and logistics management, as well as general supervisory talent and skill in order to drive the warehouse operations in a safe, high quality, productive and cost effective manner in line with customer demands and best practices.
- By your motivation and engagement, set plan, create a strong team spirit so that you can challenge the team to achieve results and go beyond.
- Build an open and respectful dialogue
- Accountability and optimization of performance for all operational processes; spare parts handling, warehousing and distribution, including packaging handling
- Ensuring warehouse operations team work and act according to targets set, designed processes, procedures and Logistics Services and Volvo culture & values
- Carry out personnel performances and development reviews with team members
- Work Actively with Volvo Production System towards world class and develop and achieve operational KPI's
- Plan and manage staff training and personnel development
- Continuously work with improving processes to reach a robust and lean operation, fit to meet customer expectations
- Drive organization to increase ergonomically, quality and productivity working methods, strive for effectiveness
- Collaborate cross functionally, with Service Centers, Business Control, Process community and VPS team, to ensure optimal operations
- Be Logistics Services interface towards the Sales and Marketing organization, Partners and colleagues and external customers.
- Secure the accuracy of physical stock levels and inventory records
- Setting targets for operations with the warehouse team
- Actively participate in networks within Logistics Services to benchmark, bring in and share best practices
- Proven Experience in managing people and preferably in logistics/warehousing
- Project Management skills
- Self-motivating and proactive attitude
- Excellent team player and communicator
- Good customer relations skills
- Interest in technology, database system, management and business issues
- Experienced in 5S , 5Why , 5W+2H , Kaizen
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.