Are you looking for a creative and stimulating job with enthusiastic and really skilled colleagues? Would you like to be a key player, defining the control system of Volvo’s next generation of powertrains, including combustion engines, electrified drivelines and transmissions? In addition, you will have the possibility to develop the future sustainable and autonomous transport solutions together with us. We stand in front of challenging demands – where reducing the CO2 emissions is one of the biggest – and are now creating new products within automation and electromobility.
Go ahead, join us and apply for the role as System Engineer within Powertrain Management!
This is us, your new colleagues
Transmission Simulation and System Design is a group with 15 engineers, within department Driveline, Powertrain Engineering Sweden. The Sweden organization has the full worldwide Product platform responsibility for Heavy Duty powertrains, and of the installation in European Volvo Products. We participate in all stages of the product cycle – from advanced engineering to industrial development and maintenance.
We develop our Software internally in agile teams. The electronic control systems are defined for Volvo’s conventional powertrains, as well as electrified. The Software development reaches from function and system design, software implementation and calibration to verification of the features in our end products, always with our customers in mind.
You will as a System Engineer:
- Perform and lead the engineering activities in order to specify and design the Powertrain Management system solutions. Your main responsibility is to design hybrid systems that will enable electrification to decrease fuel consumption, improve ADAS functionality and create a system that will support Autonomous vehicles
- Deliver solutions that meet system requirements from on-going and future projects, considering all constraints and strategies within Control System Engineering
- Develop system solutions in close cooperation with experts from different competence areas, also cross-functionally with cloud based services
- Give recommendation of complete powertrain solutions to ensure the right energy efficiency
- Be one of the main interfaces of the project management teams to refine their request from a high level demand to a consistent solution into the development backlog
- Work as a bridge between Software and Hardware development and the Product owners
To be successful in your new role we want you to have the following skills/experience:
- Master of Science in Mechatronics, Physics, Electrical, Mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Experience from product development within automotive industry
- Understanding of energy efficiency of complete powertrain and vehicle dynamics
- Experience of SW based system design
- Interest in Vehicle/Powertrain Control functions
- Previous knowledge from system engineering process (Requirement management, SFMEA, FTA, System design & analysis) will be seen as meritorious
- Structured and analytical, with good communication skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- (C/CE driving license is a plus.)
Maria Petersson, Group Manager Transmission Simulation and System Design, Tel. +46 31 322 58 18
Chaimaa Zarhoud, HR Business Partner, Tel. +46 31 3233470
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.