Java Developer - Volvo Group Connected Solutions
- Develop and maintain a new tools portal – frontend and backend - according to our development standards (epics and user stories will be given, but to understand the wanted effect you should also be able to read between the lines)
- Deploy, operate and maintain our applications incl. driving continuous improvement of the same for better quality, functionality, cost effectiveness, etc.
- Actively contribute to the solution design of new solutions
- And finally, but not at least, continuously reflect upon how we are doing things and where we can improve
- A university degree in software engineering, computer science or similar
- Some or several years’ working experience as Application Developer is preferred, but we also recognize experience through own hobby projects
- Experience of Java 8 and Spring
- Knowledge in asynchronous programming, JMS, Active MQ, REST, micro service architecture, cloud services, test automation frameworks and React is a great plus
- Experience from mobile (connected) applications is also a great plus
- Fluent in English - both written and spoken. Basic skills in Swedish is preferred (then it will be much easier to pick up “korridorssnack”)
- Valid work-permit for Sweden, if not EU-citizen
Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a global organization that leads the development of Volvo’s connected services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 900 000 Volvo assets. The organization is set-up to deliver competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena for new service innovations together with customers, partners and the Volvo Group.
Come and visit us online!
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.