• In the fourth quarter, net sales increased by 23% to SEK 73.4 billion (59.8). Adjusted for currency movements, sales increased by 29%.
For the full year, net sales increased by 21% to SEK 264.7 billion (218.4). Adjusted for currency movements, sales increased by 26%.
• The fourth quarter operating income amounted to SEK 5,518 M (Loss SEK 2,316 M). Operating margin in the fourth quarter was 7.5% (Negative 3.9%).
The full-year operating income amounted to SEK 18.0 billion (Loss SEK 17.0 billion).
• In the fourth quarter, basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.59 (Negative SEK 0.99).
Full-year earnings per share amounted to SEK 5.36 (Negative SEK 7.26).
• In the fourth quarter, operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations was positive in an amount of SEK 15.1 billion (8.6).
• During the quarter, net debt in the Industrial Operations was reduced by SEK 13.7 billion and amounted to 37.4% of shareholders’ equity at year end.
• The Board of Directors proposes an ordinary dividend of SEK 2.50 per share (0).
“As a result of the Volvo Group’s improved profitability, good cash flow generation, reduced debt level and better market outlook, as well as the investments that we have made and continue to make in our facilities and product development, I have confidence in the Group’s performance, from both a short and long-term perspective.” Leif Johansson, President and CEO.
Find the full report under Interim reports .
February 4, 2011
Contacts Investor Relations:
Christer Johansson, +46 31 66 13 34
Patrik Stenberg, +46 31 66 13 36
Anders Christensson, +46 31 66 11 91
John Hartwell, +1 212 418 7432