Are you a passionate engineer looking to join a team working on next-generation electronic truck platforms? Do you care about customer uptime and safety while also having a strong focus on sustainability? Does working on cutting edge technology for the future of transposition excite you?
Then this is the job for you!Who We AreVolvo Group
drives prosperity through transport and infrastructure solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing, and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. We are committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.Vehicle Electronics EEVC North America
is responsible for delivering technical solutions for electronics hardware and embedded software for hundreds of functions, including body, brakes, suspension, steering, air production management & tire pressure monitoring for Volvo & Mack truck brands in North American markets. While we ensure current and future legal demands are specified, implemented, tested, and integrated, we also ensure future technology enablers are part of our solutions, including vehicle automation, electromobility, & vehicle connectivity. Though you would be a part of the EEVC team in Greensboro, NC, you would collaborate daily with our colleagues in Gothenburg (Sweden), Bangalore (India), and Lyon (France). Our Offer to You
Volvo Group offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic and team-focused environment in a company that is well known for its state-of-the-art company culture and benefits. Our culture is about how we interact with each other, our customers, and with society as a whole. It helps us to achieve our business objectives, is firmly rooted in our history, and is critical to our company’s long-term success. It is the foundation on which everything else is built.
To work with us is to work with some of the world’s most iconic brands, and to be part of a reputation that has been earned for over a century. It is our responsibility to honor that heritage and build an even stronger future for our company moving forward. Each of our individual actions collectively define who we are as a company and how the world sees us.
Would you like to be a part of our team and join us on our journey?What You Will be Doing
As a Vehicle Electronics Engineer you will deliver vehicle functions, dynamics, and ADAS technical solutions by utilizing hardware and software currently in production or being developed on the next generation electronics platform. You will also be involved in modifying the vehicle functions fit the needs of the North American market.
You will be responsible for:
What We Are Looking For
- Developing & maintaining product roadmaps for the areas of interest and aligning the same with Technology streams, brands and propose solutions.
- Playing an active role in benchmarking activities and performing gap analysis.
- Developing new hardware & software that is specific to North American markets.
- Detailing and specifying requirements to both internal & external suppliers
- Planning and tracking the progress of the projects and managing risks, as necessary.
- Documenting design solutions to match the sales variants of the truck
- Ensuring solutions are verified and validated against requirements
- Validating and verifying that we meet applicable regulations for current and future years.
- Covering applicable market-specific and customer-specific needs.
- Respecting product positioning strategies and aligning at the best level amongst competitors.
- Developing solutions that are futuristic and scalable while keeping low costs a priority.
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field required.
- 8-12 years of experience in Embedded Software and/or Automotive Electronics required.
- Truck or Passenger Auto Industry experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to lead product development activities with cross functional teams, internal & external supplier teams from around the global.
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Prior experience working with Body control modules, ABS, ADAS systems as a component owner
- Knowledge of North American regulations applicable to commercial transportation would be a plus
- Sound understanding of CAN & LIN networks & protocols
- Ability to understand and break down system-level requirements into components and end-user functions
- Expertise in design documentation and software configuration and linking them to sales variants or similar
- Comfortable working with project management processes and agile large solution teams/ trains.
- To achieve your mission and build your network, you will also be traveling occasionally.
- Competitive base salary
- Solid group health benefits package (medical, dental, vision, disability, life, etc.)
- 401(K) with company match as well as additional contribution percentage
- Strong vacation benefits
- Volvo Group University for professional development
- Workplace Health and Wellness program
- Reimbursement programs