THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Do you want to join a team passionate by the job and a great place to grow? Based on the Volvo Group vision and aspirations to have leading customer satisfaction for all brands in their segment, Q&CS takes on the responsibility in “leading the Volvo Group Quality Journey” and to become a “Knowledge Center”. Q&CS act as a bridge function between all the Brands/customers and Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing organization regarding quality in order to secure vehicle performance over time.
We are now looking for a Lead Product Specialist Chassis, based in Lyon (Male / Female).
The position reports to the Manager of Technical Service Vehicle Lyon.
Provide technical support on chassis issues escalated by the market companies of the Volvo Group, aiming at contributing of issue resolution, to support vehicle uptime.
- Daily review of the issues escalated (Argus is the interface tool for the market companies to report issues), in order to provide a relevant answer in the given lead time (46h average)
- Online diagnosis of the issue: conditions, technical problematic, impacts
- Propose a technical solution to resolve the issue when immediately possible, or a containment action
- When needed, report internally the incident in the dedicated fora and contribute to quality issue working group (MQR, QJ); criticity of the situation to be assessed.
- Eventually, collaborate with the resolution team and Product owners of Vehicle Engineering to elaborate a technical solution as per the defined planning.
- Elaborate technical documentation of the case for the market companies community
- When needed, a field mission could be organized, either for deeper incident diagnostic, or to test a technical solution, that will be subject to a detailed travel report.
- Capitalize and share the knowledge and lessons learnt from the cases
- Knowledge and interest in Data Analytics is a new competence that is required for the job. QCS will make you grow in this area.
- Main interfaces internally: field service engineer & product quality engineer, QCS (quality leaders, data analysts, warranty leaders…), Vehicle Engineering (product owners located in France and Sweden mainly), Aftermarket Technology, Manufacturing (vehicle plants), …
- Main interfaces externally: dealers, customers, drivers
- Optional: knowledge in Vibration/noise for the complete truck. Able to do in-vehicle vibration measurements, to analyze the results and propose a solution to the noise/vibration/noise issue reported. Working with NVH experts in GTT when required.
- Mechanical Engineer as general background
- Solid technical skills on vehicle or chassis
- Strong analytical competences, basics in data analysis is a plus, ability to use and navigate in various diagnosis tools and data bases
- Knowledge in Noise & Vibration is a plus for the candidate
- team player & supportive, committed for results, service and problem resolution oriented
- listening and developing a comprehensive judgment of the situations (could be a mix of technical, commercial, customer perception)
- very good communication skills with the ability to represent the Volvo Group brands at best (when together with the customers, drivers)
- fluent in English
WHO ARE YOU?
For this job, I'm looking to someone with following competences:
- Technical / university education or minimum 8 years experience background
- Team player
- General Product and application knowledge
- Customer focus and Markets knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written
- Analytical abilities
- Facts oriented
- Ability to challenge other organizations and status quo for targets achievement
- Women are welcome
If you are convinced, apply now!
CURIOUS, AND HAVE SOME QUESTIONS? CALL US!
Manager Technical Service Vehicle Lyon, Quality & Customer Satisfaction
Mobile/SMS: +33 (0)6 64 40 59 56
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.