The main mission of the Property Manager is to drive work within the GRE property management and support colleagues within the GRE scope of facility management, property projects etc. in a way that support both the demands from AB Volvo, Operational plan, strategy and concept, the needs from the TD/BA’s as well as existing legal requirements. In this job you are responsible to proactively maintain and preserve the value of Volvo’s properties/facilities (activity) through close cooperation with stakeholders and suppliers.
You are a true business partner by securing good communication with tenants, landlords and suppliers; giving advice, proposals and project management services aligning business needs and demands with colleagues/ stakeholders.
You also provide expertise input and secure performance, business continuity, safety, quality, sustainability, cost control, efficiency, workplace experience and property value over time, without compromising on Volvo Group needs.
Culture and mindset
As an employee at Group Real Estate we champion a service minded culture aimed at giving a strong image of the organization and being in line with Volvo Group values and principles. We support and engage in fulfilling the GRE strategy.
We continuously share best practice with peers as well as towards other region, division and function and support in implementing Volvo Group and GRE policies, directives, guidelines, procedures, standards and decisions. Together we grow our knowledge of key elements in the continuous improvement concept and know how to improve performance using lean concepts to reduce lead time, eliminate waste and losses, and improve the quality of our projects and services.
- Responsible to ensure maintenance of our properties through their life-cycle by a structured work with property condition assessments and LTM plans.
- Responsible for assuring compliance with relevant directives, authority regulations, laws and property legislation.
- Responsible to assure compliance to both real estate and financial directives for properties.
- Responsible for property management budget and cost including follow-up and reporting in designated systems and actively work to optimize property cost including sustainable savings.
- Responsible to ensure health & safety compliance within the day-to-day service delivery within the GRE scope.
- Responsible to ensure energy optimization and sustainability within the day-to-day service delivery within the GRE scope.
- Responsible for selection and evaluation of local contractors for projects and assignments within scope, in close cooperation with Volvo’s purchasing function.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance and contracts of supplier deliveries within property management scope.
- Responsible for managing sourcing where purchasing responsibility are delegated to GRE.
- Through close cooperation with business control, understand and explain the cost development as well as drive improvements to get back on track if needed.
- Responsible for local dialogues with our colleagues after alignment with business control regarding cost calculation output and figures for forecast.
- Responsible for property projects, including follow-up and reporting.
- Responsible for content, data accuracy and ensuring timely updates for all dimensions in the property- and tenancy register and other real estate specific systems.
- Responsible for registration and update of investment projects in the internal project system.
- Responsible to analyse and prioritize among investment needs and prepare data for investment cases.
- Drive space optimization for offices.
- Responsible for the full process regarding internal and external lease contracts including negotiation, invoicing and secure contracts when new or changed tenant.
- Responsible for the process of orders and invoices that is related to GRE, regarding daily operations and specific projects.
- Responsible for the payment and administration of internal and external leases as well as allocations.
- Support for relevant scope in property transaction projects, defined per project
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective verbal, written communication skills and relationship building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Property Management or Civil Engineering, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Experience of project management
- Negotiating and financial knowledge, how to add business value
- Technical knowledge of building installation systems
- Good skills in building construction methods/ site infrastructure specifics
- Knowledge of authorities demands and property legislation
- Good skills in English written and spoken
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
As employees, every day of our working lives, we utilize the Volvo Group properties and the associated facility management services as part of our day to day routine. Group Real Estate provides quality buildings and facility management services that support Volvo Group's identity, safety and environmental care within a cost-efficient framework. This is crucial in order to allow the Volvo Group to manufacture products and deliver services required by our end customers. Group Real Estate is organized in seven divisions and three functions.
We Participate in E-verify
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.