Are you passionate about Health & Safety? Do you want to make a true difference in Health & Safety in one of Sweden's largest companies? Would you like to be part of a highly committed & skilled team? Then this might be a job for you!
We are now looking for Head of Health & Safety Sweden, within Center of Expertise (CoE) Sweden, Group People & Culture
After this long period of COVID-19; the Health & Safety is on the agenda now more than ever. CoE Sweden works cross all organizations and brands for Sweden, such as Volvo Trucks, Volvo Penta, Volvo Construction Equipment, Volvo Buses etc.; covering more than 20.000 employees in Sweden both white and blue collars. CoE is the Volvo Group HR experts for Sweden, for common HR topics. We also work closely with our global teams to identify and address country specific needs and challenges. CoE consists of 14 experts in 4 different areas: Health & Safety, Labor Relations, Compensation & Benefits and Talent & Leadership. You will report directly to the Head of CoE, Sweden.
Mission/Purpose of the Job
The CEO of Volvo Group, clearly sets Health and Safety as the top priority for the organizations, with that comes a lot of attention and high expectations. As the Head of Health and Safety Volvo Group Sweden, you will drive and be responsible for different health and safety projects together with other health and safety experts. Interpret law and legislation and support organizations in compliance assurance. Consult the Volvo Group organizations about their needs at country level and translate that into Health and Safety activities. Support the organizations’ implementation of health and safety strategy, policies, methods, tools, and guidelines within area of responsibility. Secure that we are ahead when it comes to preventive work with stress and mental health. To summarize; do everything that is needed to have a great, strong, and proactive health and safety culture in one of Sweden's largest companies!
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive and be responsible for different Swedish health and safety projects, together with other health and safety experts
- Lead a Health & Safety Functional working group, with representatives from all different organizations and brands for Volvo Group Sweden, where you coordinate and drive the health and safety agenda on national Volvo Group level
- Be part of a global Health & Safety Functional working group
- Be part of the Swedish HR Management team where the health and safety agenda is decided
- Work closely with our national Safety Representatives, our supplier for occupational health services and many other stakeholders
- Advice and support the different health and safety experts in expertise and compliance assurance, such as interpret national laws and agreements
- University Degree, preferable master level in the health and safety area
- Formal training in leadership, communication, project management and/or people skills would be valuable
- Deep knowledge and experience within area of Swedish Health & Safety laws and regulations
- Health & Safety management experience and cross-functional background is valuable, especially within production environment
- Project management skills, leadership and influencing skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business needs into Health & Safety priorities and actions
- Strong ability to coach and lead, and to see possibilities when there is resilience
- Proficiency both in Swedish and English language is required.
Do you have questions before you are ready to apply? Don’t hesitate to contact me:
Lisa Bergqvist Jurin, Head of Center of Expertise Sweden, Group People and Culture, phone +46 739 023494
Kindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
At Group People & Culture we work to create the foundations and frameworks that support people and organizational development of the Volvo Group, to enable the realization of the Group strategy. We create a global people & culture strategy, develop common policies, directives & guidelines for HR in the Group and monitor progress and quality based on agreed objectives and measurements. With Volvo Group People & Culture you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We willen je leren kennen
Je ontvangt een bevestigingsmail dat we je kandidatuur goed hebben ontvangen. Je kan steeds je persoonlijk profiel updaten.