Volvo Truck and Bus - Loughborough
Apprentice Body Shop Repair Tech - Volvo Truck & Bus South & East
At Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Loughborough Body & Paint Shop getting your vehicle back in pristine condition is our passion. Volvo trained technicians working with dedication and commitment, keeping your vehicles in top condition. With bespoke services such as vehicle modification, hydraulic installation and repair, welding and metalwork fabrication all tailored to suit your needs.
At Volvo Truck and Bus Centre Loughborough Body & Paint Shop, it’s more than a body & paint shop, it’s a portfolio of services designed to keep your vehicles looking and working at their best.
This apprenticeship is the Level 3 Vehicle Damage Panel Technician standard program with Volvo Truck & Bus in Loughborough, LE11 5HE. As an apprentice, you will learn how to repair, and replace, damaged bodywork on HGVs using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment
Closing date - 30th April 2023
Expected apprenticeship duration - 34 monthsPossible start date - June onwards 2023Apprenticeship level
- Working week
- 8:30am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Advanced Level Apprenticeship
No previous automotive qualifications are required however you must have GCSE 9-4 (A*- C) or functional skills Level 2 in English and Maths.
Predicted grades are acceptable, although apprenticeship offers will be dependent on final exam results.
• To be at all times a team player.
• To be at all times have a flexible approach to work commitments.
• To be at all times open and honest.
• To be at all times supportive of colleagues both in the company and Distributor Organisation
• To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally.
• To be able to develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes.
• To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches.
As an apprentice, you will be a full time employee from the very beginning and while training you’ll be earning your place as an integral part of the workshop team.
Once you have achieved your qualification, you will have further opportunities to progress within the bodyshop.
Volvo pride themselves on product innovation and excellence. Their standards are high and their service must be second to none. That is why they created the Volvo Apprentice Programme - widely considered to be the best throughout the truck and bus industry. At Volvo, their secret to providing consistently high levels of service is their people.
They provide all their apprentices with the skills needed to become a qualified body repair technician with a secure career. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come.
As an apprentice you will learn how to repair, and sometimes replace, damaged bodywork using specialist techniques with traditional tools and the latest equipment.
• Assessing a vehicle to establish the extent of damage.
• Based on the initial assessment, deciding whether to repair or replace bodywork.
• Removal and replacement of body panels and associated components.
• Refitting new/repaired panels.
• Repairing damaged bodywork using traditional dolly and hammer or more modern techniques incl MiG brazing.
• Repairing small dents, holes, or corroded areas using a compound filler
• Use Volvo special tools safely and efficiently.
• Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when required.
• Assist with cleaning the workshop.
• Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of repair.
• Ensure that the company’s time recording procedures are complied with.
• Ensure job cards are completed accurately.
• Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
• Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
• Attend any technical or development training that is made availableAbout the employer
Volvo Truck & Bus South & EastDescription:
Volvo pride themselves on product innovation and excellence. Their standards are high and their service must be second to none. A successful business demands a skilled workforce to improve its bottom line. A skilled workforce demands training and knowledge. It's that simple. They provide a commitment to their customers that they will always receive second to none service levels, to do this they must ensure that their people are trained to the highest possible standards. That is why they created the Technician Apprentice Programme - widely considered to be the best throughout the truck and bus industry. At Volvo, their secret to providing consistently high levels of service is their people . 'Customers expect reliability, Volvo delivers it'. If you want a career with a leading truck and bus manufacturer, then you have come to the right place. They provide all our apprentices with the skills needed to become a qualified technician with a secure career. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to their business for years to come.Training to be provided
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at Remit’s dedicated Heavy Vehicle Academy in Derby. There are a total of 17 blocks over the 34 month programme, which are split between 2 days of virtual classes and 3 days in Derby. The costs for accommodation, food and travel are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will give you 1-2-1 support and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications:
Contact for more information