Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our Team, Electrical & Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity is part of Vehicle Engineering for Volvo Group North America. We are a highly skilled and knowledgeable team with a customer focused mindset to deliver the highest-quality products within the Conventional Range.
What you will be doing
- We are responsible for all engineering deliveries of the vehicle for our products
- We are accountable product owners who take full responsibility of the products we engineer
- We utilize Volvo Group’s global Common Architecture and Shared Technology system to maximize the output of our products
- We work together and support our regional value chain as well as our global development centers to deliver products on time with the right quality
As an intern you will be primary responsible of designing and building a testing rig for power management related testing (ECUs related to batteries, inverter, smart fuses and relay center, etc).
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Analyze the wiring schematic and physical electrical architecture of the vehicle to understand basic functionality of the system
- Build a bench set rig.
- Understand how to integrate ECUs to each other through wiring harnesses, power supply, etc…
- Download Software to ECUs
- Work with agile processes and engineering standards to maintain efficient, well organized, reusable and reliable hardware and software to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and robustness of the products
- Verify communication between ECUs
You are an Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related program student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Power Management Manager.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development