Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As part of the Complete Vehicle Analytics Team you will work directly with the data analytics engineers. You will have a mentor assigned to you and oversee your daily tasks and provide required support throughout the semester.Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Development of internal planning tool for resource allocation and visualization in VBA
- Database querying and support development internal asset tracking tool for test equipment
- Setup and configuration of custom-made Power BI dashboards according to internal requests
- Assist test engineers with script conversion from Matlab to Python
- Support development of internal Field Test Python Library in collaboration with data analytic engineers
- Support development and tracking of data quality and data movement dashboard
You are a Computer Science (or similar degree) student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager of Test and Technology.Required:
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer Science or similar degree and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Previous experience developing data reports and dashboards.
- Ability to generate source code and scripts including troubleshooting of existing applications.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Matlab, Python or other scripting language
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development