Are You Looking for a Rewarding Career? You Should Consider Us...
At Volvo Penta, our employees know what it takes to make a team work! Being part of that team means that you’re working with a global and very diverse group of passionate, enthusiastic and highly-skilled professionals from all walks of life who work and play hard. We’re so awesome that we’ve won the ”Great Place to Work” award two years running as well as being named, ”Employer of the Year,” by Diesel Progress magazine! This is absolutely a great place to belong with folks ready to welcome you onboard!
Who Are we?
Simply put, we’ve been around for a while, and we know a thing or two about being a world-leading supplier of engines and drive systems for both marine and industrial applications to thousands of customers worldwide. We’re world leaders and innovative pioneers. Also, we’d like to point out that business has been good!
Who are we looking for to join us?
We are looking to add Material Handler to our team in Chesapeake, Virginia. This is a non-exempt, hourly role of which you will be responsible for operating a forklift truck and any other material handling equipment to load, unload, and transport finished products, parts, equipment, and supplies. We are looking a candidate who is organized and pays attention to detail, is multi-tasking and adept at time management, and able to meet deadlines. Most of all, we’re looking for someone who wants to be part of a team. Some of the key things you’ll do as a Material Handler:
EQUIPMENT & MATERIALS
- Operate forklift truck or hand truck to load products onto trucks, or unload parts, materials, and other supplies and transport to warehouse storage or designated areas.
- Inspect all incoming items for condition, quantity, identification, for both direct and indirect materials.
- Use computer programs to manage inventory and arrange for disposition.
- Check all outgoing items for accuracy.
- Perform maintenance and repair to material handling equipment
- Ensure accurate movement of materials within a warehouse setting.
- Verify and enter data on shipping records, and enter data on receiving records.
- Check bills of lading and packing lists for accuracy.
- Assemble or repair packaging to ensure damage free transport of materials.
- Arrange for shipping with carrier partners.
This is a safety-critical position that may require the passing of periodic drug/alcohol screenings as you will be operating material moving equipment. Also, you may be expected to lift heavy items up to 50 pounds.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO QUALIFY FOR THIS POSITION:
As with Most Companies, You Also Need the Following...
- Minimum of high school diploma.
- 5+ years experience using warehouse equipment, i.e. Forklift truck and material moving equipment.
- 3 to 5 years experience in the manufacturing environment
A Little About Where We Live
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook, and familiarity with database programs.
- You’ll be speaking with employees at all levels within and outside the company, so you’ll need excellent communication skills, including fluency in speaking and writing English.
- An organized individual who can manage a busy workload with many deadlines.
”Hampton Roads” is an eclectic mix of coastal, urban, rural and historic communities that includes the cities of Chesapeake, Norfolk, Portsmouth, Virginia Beach, Hampton, and Newport News. Our test center marina is located on the water in Suffolk. We have beautiful beaches and state parks, and family-friendly attractions with Colonial Williamsburg, Busch Gardens and North Carolina’s Outer Banks within easy driving distance. The area is host to diverse dining and shopping experiences to suit anyone’s tastes. There are so many exciting things to do here in the area that we highly recommend you come and see it for yourself! We offer an amazing benefit package, including:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation and continuing education
- Generous Earned Time Off (ETO) plan (vacation)
- 401K with matching
- And so much more!
Are you ready to work with a global and diverse team of highly-skilled professionals; a company dedicated to, safety, the environment, innovation and success? Apply today for the position of Material Handler. We look forward to meeting you!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job. Printed copies may not be the most current. Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Affirmative Action employer. E.O.E./M/F/D/V