We shape the world we want to live in!
Volvo Energy is our newest business area with the overarching purpose of accelerating electrification and driving circularity for a better tomorrow. With an agile approach and a can-do mindset, we actively work to ensure the acceleration of the electrification transformation every day in all that we do. As the Volvo Group, we are driving circularity in our industry forward in these important areas.
We are now looking for a highly skilled and dedicated Commissioning & Training Engineer BESS to join our Service Organization BESS at Volvo Energy.This is us – Service Organization BESS
Service Organization BESS operates as an integral department within Volvo Energy’s Sales, Services, and Engineering Support. Our primary mandate encompasses the oversight of Services, After-market, and Warranty aspects related to the forthcoming Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) lineup. This includes managing second-life products and concentrating on applications for temporary power, charging solutions, and behind-the-meter energy optimization. Presently, we are in the process of scaling up our operations to meet the surging customer demand and to position ourselves to seize additional opportunities in the thriving BESS market.What are we looking for in this specific role?
As our new Commissioning & Training Engineer BESS you will play a pivotal role in the commissioning, training, and service of our advanced Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
In this role, it is important that you have strong communication and presentations skills since you will act as trainer, teacher and coach towards colleagues and external partners. You are a strong analytical with great problem-solving and decision-making abilities. We are looking for someone with strong commitment to safety, quality, and customer satisfaction.Responsibilities will include among others:
Making it a success for yourself and Volvo Energy
- Lead and oversee commissioning activities for internal and external partner’s BESS systems
- Collaborate closely with the Service Organization team, project managers, external partners and vendors and technicians to deliver exceptional customer service and support
- Arrange for equipment installation, system testing, and verification of functionality during the commissioning process
- Conduct thorough inspections, troubleshooting, and diagnosis of BESS components and sub-systems to identify and resolve issues promptly
- Together with our technical team, develop and implement commissioning plans, creation of training content on top of delivering training protocols, and test procedures, adhering to industry standards and best practices
- Monitor and analyze system performance data, detecting anomalies and implementing corrective actions as necessary
- Provide technical support during commissioning, start-up, post-commissioning, and de-commissioning phases to ensure customer satisfaction
- As the BESS business grows, it is expected that this role will be leading a team of engineers.
Welcome to a global team unified by an important mission, great ideas, fun, diversity, and inclusion. Our colleagues are - and will always be - the most important part of the story, as each colleague truly matters and plays an essential role in our journey.
To succeed, we believe you are innovative, pragmatic, creative with a positive spirit, curious and have an entrepreneurial mindset. Being recognized in your specialties, you are a forward-looking person, and you see opportunities when others see risks. Being appreciated by your peers, you enjoy connecting with a broad network, building win-win approaches and developing relationships.
You have a strong ability to move from words to action in an organized and structured way. You are down-to-earth and are equally at home working hands-on as you are leading strategic discussions.
Consequently, whilst demands are high, there is also plenty of opportunities to learn and grow - as a professional and as a person. We will be a fairly small team and therefore look for colleagues that thoroughly enjoy this intrapreneurial challenge, can hit the ground running and lead with passion, perform with purpose and transform with vision. Moreover, it will be essential you have a strong ability to form trustful relationships to effectively work with partners - inside and outside of the Volvo Group – in a cross-functional manner.
If our entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, and customer-focused mindset light your inner fire, we might be a great match!Qualifications likely required to be successful
Feel free to contact me if you have further questions
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Renewable Energy, or related field
- Extensive experience in commissioning and servicing high voltage electrical energy systems, particularly BESS
- Proficient in performing site inspections, equipment installation, and system testing
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with the ability to diagnose and resolve complex electrical and control system issues efficiently
- Familiarity with battery technologies, energy management systems, and grid integration
- Solid understanding of industry standards, safety protocols, and regulatory requirements related to BESS
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to project sites and work in various locations as required
- The location for this position will be in our offices at CampX in Gothenburg, Sweden.
Lars Henrik Hejlesen, Head of Service Marketlars.email@example.comKindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.