Are you ready to make electrifying connections? Help us to design sustainable transportation solutions for the future. As part of the Volvo Group Technology team, you’ll help us accelerate our journey by engineering exciting next-gen technologies with a global reach. Be part of our evolution as we strengthen our team. Bring your love of developing systems, working collaboratively, and your advanced skills to a place where you can make an impact.
Shaping tomorrow’s technology
At Vehicle Technology, we are passionate about shaping tomorrow’s technology to create excellent sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions to make the world a better place for future generations. We provide innovative, safe and driver friendly solutions, we develop top quality services, and we make our customer operations more efficient by using excellent data insights. We support the Volvo Group engineering community with cutting edge tools and methods.Your role:
How to succeed:
- As a System Architect for hardware, you will guide the development of technical system solutions while targeting customer gains, which will be implemented in HW and SW. Your work will include high level analysis and management at a system level. You will also propose enablers for new functionalities as well as evolve, communicate, and define technical solutions and architectural vision in general. Experience from embedded hardware and software development are required, combined with a firm knowledge of system development.
- You will join our architectural team, which covers the complete electrical system. You will work closely with colleagues in an open-minded and creative environment, where you will lead the way forward.
- As an architect in our team, you will get an opportunity to work with both leadership and the embedded technology and make an important contribution to our ability to increase speed and creativity. By modernizing our architecture and infrastructure to a high technical level, you will enable faster deliveries of vehicle applications to our customers with higher quality.
To succeed in this role, you should embody the following qualities:
- Leadership: You should be a passionate, professional, and forward-thinking leader. Your role will involve motivating and influencing high-performing teams and actively participating in strategic planning and execution. With several years of leadership experience in development, you should have a track record of driving excellence and innovation in your field.
- Communication: Effective communication, particularly in English, is a necessity. You should have the ability to connect and network in a global, multi-cultural organization spanning all Volvo Group brands.
- Adaptability: Thriving in a changing environment is a key asset. Your ability to find motivation in contributing to the global transformation of the transport and infrastructure industry will be crucial in this role.
- M.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Leadership experience
- Embedded SW & HW knowledge
- Experience from embedded system development
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
It is meritorious to have one or more of the following:
- Experience in agile development
- Experience in automotive development
- Strong knowledge in system and software engineering along with hands-on experience
- Experience in embedded system development
- Functional safety knowledge
- Knowledge of modern SW and HW development tools
We strongly believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives and backgrounds leads to a better environment for our employees and by extension offers more value to our customers. We strive for an inclusive culture that leverages the strengths inherent in diversity. Above all, it is our people that make the difference.What can we offer you?
We can offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience that will contribute to your future development within the Volvo Group.
You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products.
Customer success, trust and passion are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.For further questions please contact:
Daniel Lith – Group Manager Electronic HW System – firstname.lastname@example.orgApply here!