Assistant Accountant Intern
Location: Warwick Head Office
12 months placement (1st July 2024- 11th July 2025)
Working hours: 37.5 hours a week Monday- Friday. 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays.
- Studying for an Accounting/Finance/Economics degree or related degree.
- 2 years completed – placement between 2nd & 3rd study years.
- Academic grades on track for a first or 2:1 on their chosen studies
Join Volvo Financial Services (VFS), the captive finance company within the Volvo Group. VFS provides financial services for Truck, Bus, Coach, and construction equipment within Volvo Group UK. As part of a global and diverse team, you will work with energy, passion, and respect to deliver expert financial solutions, including finance and insurance, supporting Volvo Group's sales.
This internship involves Tax, Accounting, and Business Control respectively working in the Belgium and Netherlands (BENE) markets. Throughout the internship, work will be focused primarily on projects in each area, with high involvement in regular reporting activities to help build a wide business understanding. Providing support to the Chief Accountants and Finance Managers across the finance function in relation to various finance activities undertaken within the service centre.Responsibilities:Tax
- Assist in the development of in-house systems and processes for legislative changes in multiple countries.
- Input into data extraction and analysis for the corporation tax returns.
- Assist finance manager with elements of VAT and Corporation Tax month-end reporting.
- Develop an understanding of the markets covered for group reporting purposes.
- Drive improvement in reconciliation control for accounting purposes
- Responsibility for assisting in month-end reporting, including direct responsibility for the preparation of certain reconciliations for review by Chief Accountants
Who are you:
- Market/commercial analysis and regular performance report input
- Assistance in preparation of bi-annual budget/forecasting
- The existing team leaders and their line managers will support the successful candidate in their development in this role.
We need someone skilled in problem-solving and is proactive in the resolution of tasks. This includes being able to meet deadlines and prioritise workload which requires you to multitask. You need to have a high level of accuracy and reliability alongside good communication in order to let your team know your schedule and workload. On top of these personal skills, you must have a good knowledge and understanding of key accounting concepts and have intermediate Excel skills.What we have to offer:
- Professional growth and development: Unlock your potential through various training and development opportunities.
- Pension scheme: Matched up to 5% of your salary, including death in service cover.
- Medical Insurance: Medical insurance coverage is provided by Bupa.
- Employee Assistance Programme: Take advantage of our wellness, mindfulness, and counselling services.
- Discounts on various purchases: Enjoy savings on shopping vouchers, cinema tickets, holidays, and travel.
- Fitness perks: Access MyGymDiscounts and MyActiveDiscounts. Make use of our on-site gym.
- Other benefits include Dental insurance, a Cycle-to-work scheme, and Eyecare vouchers.
Apply now to start your Volvo Group journey and be part of a team that recognises and values differences while providing an environment for your personal and professional growth. If this isn't the role for you, share it with a friend. Alternatively, we have a range of other internships on our website that may be suitable.