Apprenticeships 2024 are now open!
Apprentice HGV Technician - Hayes
Join our Team as an Apprentice HGV Technician at Volvo Truck and Bus!
- London, Bulls Bridge Centre, N Hyde Gardens, Hayes UB3 4QQ
Are you passionate about trucks, buses and the world of heavy vehicles? Do you have a knack for solving mechanical puzzles and want to turn your passion into a profession?
Look no further - Volvo Truck and Bus is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join out team as Apprentice HGV Technicians!
Why choose Volvo Truck and Bus?
- Industry Leader: Join a globally recognised brand at the forefront of innovation in the commercial vehicle industry.
- Cutting-Edge Technology: Work with state-of-the-art Volvo trucks and buses, gaining hands-on experience with the latest technological advancements.
- Expert Training: Benefit from a comprehensive apprenticeship program that combines classroom learning and practical on-the-job training
Expected apprenticeship duration - 32 monthsPossible start dates from May & August 2024!
- Working week: Monday to Friday 0830hrs to 1630hrs
- Total hours per week = 40 hrs
Apprenticeship level - Advanced Level ApprenticeshipWhat You'll Do
- Assist with repairs that are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate.
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process.
- Learn and comply with warranty procedures during repairs and with warranty material on completion of a repair.
- Assist and work with the parts team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted to the vehicles
- Learn how to and use Volvo special tools safely and efficiently.
- Assist with cleaning the workshop.
- Assist with ensuring that the company time recording procedures are complied with and that job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop Supervisor.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when must be worn.
- Attend college courses regularly and achieve the standards required by the course.
- Attend any technical or development training that is made available
On starting your Apprenticeship, you will be provided with full equipment which includes all the tools to help you become a technician. You will work with qualified and experienced Technicians learning how to repair, service, MOT and maintain modern trucks, buses and coaches including hybrid technology… and so much more to learnWhat we are looking for:
Desired qualifications: GCSE A* to C/Grade 4 in Math and EnglishTraining to be provided:
- Enthusiastic individuals with a strong interest in heavy vehicles
- Basic understanding of mechanical systems and a desire to learn
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- Strong communication skills and a team player mentality
Training is delivered in the workplace and on block release at Remit’s dedicated Heavy Vehicle Academy in Derby. Remit Academy is dedicated to Volvo and our apprenticeship programme. There are a total of 18 blocks over the 32 months programme. which are split between virtual classes and days in Derby.
The costs for accommodation, food and travel are met by the employer and there will be no cost to you.
You will also be assigned a dedicated Development Coach who will give you 1-2-1 support and guidance to help you achieve the following IMI qualifications: As a result, you will receive the following qualification:
• Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician Level 3
• Functional Skills Level 2 in English & Math (if required)Block Release at College includes:
Perks and Benefits:
- Apprenticeship Standard Heavy Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician - Bus , Coach and HGV
- Functional Skills
- Salary £7.42 per hour
- Access to a range of employee benefits
- Career advancement opportunities within the Volvo Group
Don't delay - apply today and kickstart your career as an HGV Technician with Volvo Truck and Bus, don't miss the chance to be part of a team that drives innovation and shapes the future of transportation!