Remote Programming Specialist
Our technology sets the standard – our people make the difference all day every day.
Mission/Purpose of the Job
The person in this role works as a programming specialist in the remote diagnostics group. This individual manages remote software and parameter update duties. They will also support the telematics and Uptime Support teams as needed.
- Manage remote vehicle software and parameter updates
- Interact with customer and/or driver during the remote update process to ensure proper steps are performed and documented
- Identify any issues during the remote update and take proper actions to resolve or mitigate the issue
- Actively analyse remote diagnostic cases and support as needed
- Provide technical information to the EMS coordinators that helps determine the best course of action in a breakdown situation. This also includes encouraging the agents to ask the proper questions that may lead to the most efficient way to tackle the problem
- Actively participate in the constant development of the team including its working procedures and its work environment
- Develop and maintain relationships with appropriate individuals or groups to ensure success in daily activities
- Work with the other Uptime Center team members to ensure proper communication and case hand-over
- Provide feedback /recommendations about the remote update process to team lead and Supervisor in order to streamline the process, so best in class service can be delivered to customers
- Work closely with On-Boarding representatives to ensure proper customer contact information is being utilized
- This function requires excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, & Windows environments)
- Accuracy and timeliness in the performance of duties
- Able to manage, prioritize time, and be able to function in a high volume environment
- Must have class 8 hands on mechanical experience or knowledge
- Problem Solving
- Must be a team player
- Analytical Thinking
- Must have people and leadership skills
- Associate’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree or 2-4 years of hands-on mechanical experiences within the automotive, class 8, construction, bus, or boating industries preferred
- Customer service experiences a plus
- Military mechanical experience, vocational school training/degree, ASE Mechanical certificate or equivalent, and/or relevant work experience
- ASE Technical certifications are highly recommended
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative problem solving, research, motivational, teambuilding and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of Vehicle parameters and system dependencies
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.