Sr. Engineer – Automotive R&D Laboratory Automation Engineer
- Utilize Morphee or iTest test automation software to develop test procedures and integrate various smart hardware through multiple communication protocols in the heavy duty engine dynamometer testing environment
- Troubleshoot software/hardware issues that occur in the engine development test cells. Identify, prioritize and document those issues using proven methods that result in verified solutions
- Write various test scripts in C# to develop tools or applications outside of the Morphee/iTest environment to enhance testing procedures and data quality/reduction
- Operate test equipment, often PC based, such as (Vision, CANalyzer, Kvaser CAN) to implement various testing necessary in the evaluation of the engine’s SW/HW performance. Make use of a manufacture’s API to leverage the features of these products to customize tools for use in the PE LAB
- Develop and maintain test cell automation protocols for performance or durability based testing
- Develop and maintain SQL databases and user interfaces utilizing ASP.net MVC
- Technical interface to the lab services technicians and engineers who establish test plans
- Analyze test cell data to evaluate the degree of error and the origins of error
- Provide clear technical documents to specify the back office tool and automation capability.
- Initiate and implement cost savings through efficiency and reliability improvements.
- Provide direction to Union instrumentation technicians, test technicians, and mechanics to complete hardware installation, maintenance and testing
- Interface with the regulatory group, application engineers and verification engineers to define test cell integration solutions.
- Evaluate regulatory requirements, test cell capabilities, test protocols, engine operation and systems controls to recommend and implement best practices and equipment to achieve required specifications
- Periodic domestic and international travel may be required
- Actively seek new ideas, improved equipment, and efficient operating solutions
- Build a strong network within the global network of Volvo’s laboratories, trade associations, and vendors
- Global Working Group Participation: Serve as a Hagerstown representative in the global Volvo forum
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree
- Familiarity with federal and local regulatory documentation (EPA 40 CFR Part 1065, OBD) as well as ISO 9000 procedures and practices
- Proficient in programming languages and communication protocols
- Data reduction and analysis skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic Project Management skills
- Diesel Engine understanding, including after-treatment systems is a plus
- Microsoft Office
- ATI Vision
- Proficient programming skills (C#, MS SQL & ASP.net MVC)
- Knowledge of engine control strategy and calibration methods
- Knowledge of CAN, AK, Profibus communication protocols
- Morphee and iTest or equivalent
- Peer Relationships
- Technical Learning
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area's with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.