Junior Software Architect
With over 150 dedicated and highly skilled IT professionals located in Ghent (Oostakker), Group IT Belgium supports its customers to be best in class in the Truck business. Both the distribution center and the trucks assembly factory situated in Ghent are the largest ones to be part of the Volvo Group organization globally, offering endless opportunities to further develop your technical and personal competencies.
Context & responsibilities Junior Software Architect
The Junior Software Architect in Ghent is needed because there will be an increasing level of automation in the warehousing activities in the coming years. The Warehouse in Ghent uses ‘backbone’-solutions and many local applications (for Voice Directed Picking, Forklift Fleet Management, AGV’s etc, in house developed or purchased, primarily on Windows-environments).
As a Junior Software Architect, you will be responsible for the solution design, development, maintenance, integration and support of such solutions for the warehouse organization. You will be interacting with the business stakeholders, the solution management and the IT-support colleagues. You will develop yourself into an ‘Automation Architect for warehouse operations, starting from hands-on development activities, and growing your know-how and experience step-by-step.
- Design of new IT Solutions, primarily for the Ghent SML-organization, and participate in building and/or integrating these solutions (which are in house developed or purchased).
- Play an active role in the entire life cycle of the solutions; that includes
- Participate in projects to implement new solutions
- Act as business analyst, system designer, (lead) developer, application DBA or tester as required, primarily in a Windows/.Net-environment
- Cooperate with our stakeholders in Infrastructure delivery
- Maintain solution documentation
- Provide business support for the portfolio of applications
- Participate in continuous improvement of the solutions (in terms of business process support, compliance with the corporate framework for master data and information model, application performance, stability and robustness)
- Contribute to defining and detailing change requests for the solutions
- Become an expert about the SML Ghent application-portfolio and the interfaces to the ‘backbone’- solutions, as well as to the automated devices on the shopfloor (AGV’s, automated storage devices, scanners etc.)
Competencies and skills
- University or Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equal through experience
- Strong interest in logistics, supply chain and industrial technology; experience with warehouse operations is a plus, but you should be eager to learn about warehouse processes, ERP-functionality
- Complete proficiency in Dutch & English is a requirement (speaking and writing)
- Ability to understand how business processes, solutions and interfaces are connected
- Ability to quickly become a professional .Net-developer and Automation Architect
- Ability to work in a project-structure, i.e. people can count on you and on your deliveries
- Good communication skills (in speaking and writing, for technical documentation but also for user-training, and for international cooperation with peers)
Offer & Benefits
You get an opportunity to work together with highly skilled colleagues in an interesting, global environment giving opportunities to develop both professionally and personally. You will be a key player to develop, implement and support the Central Warehouse IT-solutions, and you will work closely with the warehouse operations. You will get regular opportunities for training and education, and you will be stimulated to develop yourself continuously, through class-room or virtual trainings as well as self-study and on-the-job training. Furthermore:
- A payment that’s based on your experience & competencies and that develops on your input to the individual, the team or the organisation goals
- Extra days off, flexibility in working hours, a company restaurant, initiatives concerning health and wellbeing, meal vouchers and optional alternative ways of remuneration
- A leading company in full change because we live our values daily: customer success, trust, passion, change and performance
Volvo Group IT manages the Group’s overall IT strategies and plans and has the end-to-end responsibility for all development, delivery, support of IT solution and services for the Volvo Group.
We are more than 6000 people based in 36 countries working in a completely global organization. We are a team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We want to get to know you
An email confirmation will be sent as soon as you submit your application. After this, it is still possible to update your personal profile.
If selected for an interview, you will be contacted with information about the following process steps: second interview, assessments and references.
All candidates will be notified when a final candidate is selected for the job. You can choose for us to keep your resume in our database and activate a search agent that will look for other jobs that match your profile.
When you begin your employment, you will receive an introduction to help you quickly become part of the team and start working with your tasks in the best possible way.