The report is an important platform for dialog with investors, employees, business partners and other stakeholders.
From a sustainability perspective, the key events for the Volvo Group in 2010 were as follows:
- The Volvo Group’s sustainability efforts qualified for top rankings in external evaluations, such as the Dow Jones Sustainability Index World (DJSI World).
- The Volvo Group was the world’s first automotive manufacturer to join the Worldwide Fund for Nature’s (WWF) Climate Savers initiative.
- Expanded customer offering of vehicles that can operate on renewable fuels, as well as hybrid technology.
- About 20,000 employees participated in a training program on the Group’s Code of Conduct and our guidelines for countering corruption.
- Introduction of new Group-wide policy for work environment, health and wellbeing.
- To face future challenges and growing stakeholder expectations while generating growth and new business opportunities, the Volvo Group has decided to review its CSR-strategy during 2011.
The English version of the report is available at: www.volvogroup.com/sustainabilityreport
March 29, 2011
For further information, please contact: Malin Ripa, AB Volvo, Public Affairs,
tel +46 (0)31-66 11 61 or +46 (0)702-84 11 61