• In the first quarter, net sales increased by 10% to SEK 78.8 billion (71.6). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units, net sales increased by 7%.
• The first quarter operating income amounted to SEK 6,239 M (6,522) including a negative impact of SEK 66 M related to a dispute with the Environmental Protection Agency in the US. Compared to the first quarter of 2011, changes in exchange rates had a positive impact of SEK 403 M.
• Operating margin in the first quarter was 7.9% (9.1).
• In the first quarter, basic and diluted earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.98 (2.01).
• In the first quarter, operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations was negative in an amount of SEK 4.9 billion (negative SEK 4.0 billion) reflecting normal seasonality.
“In the first quarter, the Volvo Group showed its strength in being a global operation, when setbacks in some of our important markets were offset by positive developments in other markets. We will continue to invest to further increase our presence in growth markets by developing new products and further strengthening the sales and service networks.” Olof Persson, President and CEO.
Find the full report under interim reports
April 26, 2012
Contacts Investor Relations:
Christer Johansson, +46 31 66 13 34
Patrik Stenberg, +46 31 66 13 36
Anders Christensson, +46 31 66 11 91
John Hartwell, +1 212 418 7432