• In the first quarter, net sales decreased by 25% to SEK 58.3 billion (77.8). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units, net sales decreased by 17%.
• The first quarter operating income amounted to SEK 482 M (6,240).
• Operating margin in the first quarter was 0.8% (8.0).
• In the first quarter, diluted earnings per share were a negative SEK 0.15 (positive SEK 1.99).
• In the first quarter, operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations was negative in an amount of SEK 7.6 billion (negative SEK 4.9 billion).
• Truck order intake increased by 30% compared to the fourth quarter of 2012.
“Despite uncertainty in the global economy, order intake has improved and we have many new, competitive products on their way to the market. That being said, the second quarter of 2013 will pose a challenge for us and our suppliers, with respect to the changeover to new products and the ramp-up of the industrial system to higher volumes. At the same time, we are focusing on our strategy with all the important measures aimed at improving the overall profitability for the Volvo Group.” Olof Persson, President and CEO.
Find the full report under interim reports
April 25, 2013
Contacts Investor Relations:
Christer Johansson, +46 31 66 13 34
Patrik Stenberg, +46 31 66 13 36
Anders Christensson, +46 31 66 11 91
John Hartwell, +1 201 252 8844