• In Q1 2016 net sales decreased by 4% to SEK 71.7 billion (74.8). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units sales decreased by 2%.
• Operating income amounted to SEK 5,344 M compared with SEK 7,066 M, excluding restructuring charges of SEK 229 M in Q1 2015.
• Operating income in Q1 2016 includes a capital gain of SEK 885 M from the sale of the external IT operation while operating income in Q1 2015 included a capital gain of SEK 2,471 M from the sale of shares in Eicher Motors Limited.
• Adjusted for capital gains and restructuring charges (in 2015), operating income amounted to SEK 4,459 M (4,595), corresponding to an operating margin of 6.2% (6.1).
• Currency movements had a negative impact of SEK 417 M on operating income.
• Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations was negative in an amount of SEK 10.4 billion (-1.7).
Press and Analyst Conference. An on-line presentation of the report, followed by a question-and-answer session will be webcast starting at 9.00 a.m. CEST. More information under Interim Reports on www.volvogroup.comContacts Investor Relations: