CAB Product ArchitectPosition Description:We are now looking for a Product Architect in the CAB Bangalore within Vehicle Engineering, GTT Organisation. Perhaps you are the one we are looking for?As a CAB Product Architect, you will play a critical role in aligning teams on the critical CAB Pre-studies, Way of working, CAB Global Agile Release Train (ART) to a shared technical direction and partner with all CAB teams in elaborating the Solution. You need to work closely with CAB Global, ART, and other CAB sites for synchronizing processes and activities. Also, you will play a major role in validating technology assumptions, evaluating implementation alternatives, and creating the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. You will also be responsible to connect with the Global CAB Platform team, contributing in Pre-studies, Value propositions to Brand, Techno-Vehicle stream convergence.
You will be involved in close collaboration with business stakeholders, teams, customers, suppliers, Universities and third-party stakeholders in defining the technology infrastructure, decomposing solutions/systems into components, Subsystems and managing their interfaces.
Provide a general view of solution architecture, Architect/Engineering enables those who implement value by empowering them to make local decisions, allowing faster flow of work and better economics.Responsibilities / Main tasks As CAB Product Architect RoleBangalore site Level
Global CAB Level
- Support CAB Product Review Meeting (PRM), reference group – co-ordinate/ organize the agenda lead strong critical review technical contents and recommendations along with other GMs before it goes to other forums.
- Lead CAB BLR in VE BLR Quest forum discussions for new/ Delegated projects/PMRs/QJs and drive Economic quote and Concepts for CAB View.
- Lead Advanced Engineering Portfolio management at the Department level and deliver AE Projects with the scope ranging from components to Complete system level.
- Secure system, Product platform and evolutions for BLR ownership and work with other BLR teams for securing a system view.
- Representation in pre-studies for CAB products and processes for Volvo India/Asia in VE BLR and also to involve in its product line to ensure Quality, Cost, Feature towards customer success.
- Connect CAB Global to provide a clear product priority during each PI cadence and secure the deliverables agreements.
- Responsible to collaborate with Product Management and key stakeholders on progress, budget, release strategy, and release-ability of elements of the solution.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Exploration process as part of the Continuous Delivery Pipeline, especially with enabler Epics.
- Operate within an economic framework when analysing the impact of design decisions.
- Work with portfolio stakeholders, notably the Portfolio Managers, to develop, analyse, split, and realize the implementation of enabler epics.
- Work closely with Chief Engineer to support on BLR Strategy and OPEX manager to align closely to the VE BLR KPIs and requirements.
- Support CAB BLR investment proposals and other new initiatives to support the CAB BLR setup in line with Chief engineer directions.
Global CAB Platform Level
- Collaborate with CAB VE Solution /Portfolio Engineering – To collaborate with CAB and VE Portfolio Engineering to ensure discrete solutions created by each ART fit into, support the larger capabilities and direction of the overall solution. This involves participation in VE Solution Backlog refinement and prioritization, defining enabler capabilities and assigning architectural responsibilities to the various components and subsystems.
- Participate in Pre- and Post-PI Planning – Working with the Solution Train stakeholders to define the architectural approach, capability roadmap and high-level objectives for the upcoming PI planning. In the post-PI planning event, summarize findings into an agreed-to set of solution PI objectives and validates alignment of the various ART technical directions.
- Responsible to define the overall architecture of the system. You work at a level of abstraction above the teams, components and define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs), major system elements, subsystems, and interfaces.
- Participate in the Architect Sync –to ensure consistency in how emerging designs and tradeoffs are managed across the Solution Train, allowing frequent opportunities to steer implementation approaches without becoming a source of delays.
- Participate in the Solution Demo - To demonstrate the capabilities that their ART has contributed and reviewing the contributions of the other ARTs, taking a systems view with an eye toward fitness for purpose.
- To secure, develop and maintain Common Architecture and Shared Technology (CAST). Balanced with specific requirements valid for the concerned brand and by that drive the establishment of highest possible commonality within Platform family and within brand to meet set project targets.
- Aligning Technology streams and Vehicle streams projects and drive platform strategies for CAB.
- To take full ownership of the cab architecture for the product/brand and platform family with respect to Platform deliveries e.g. geometries and features in product maintenance.
- To support Site Platform Manager in developing Cab platform strategies and roadmaps (Common Architecture and Shared Technology) in cooperation with COP and Global cab platform management.
- To Support CAB Roadmap by Defining and Driving Component Modular Architecture strategies within CAB Architecture.
- Education: Master's/ Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with more than 12+ years.
- Extensive CAB product and Strategy development management experience.
- Highly knowledgeable of the technologies in Truck CAB area and customer Knowledge.
- Has a good awareness in SAFe Agile, SCRUM and KANBAN WOW.
- Strong ability to implement Agile principles in development teams, SAFe Agile certification as RTE/System Architect is a Plus.
- Should have demonstrated leadership experience in working closely with Multiple Stakeholder.
- Organized - Structured with attention to details and has the ability to manage several topics simultaneously.
- Capable of building good relations in collaboration with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to drive cross-functional and global network, to overcome roadblocks.
- Can do-attitude and being resilient – Not afraid of trying. Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
ARE YOU THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Communicates effectively
- Drives engagement
- Action oriented
This is a perfect position to continue your career in technical leadership path. We believe this is a position to work under demanding conditions and to create a successful working environment in these situations. As a person, you have a broad technical know-how combined with very good people skills and a strong ability to build personal relationships and networks. You can connect with the team and inspire the team to achieve excellence in competence and product ownership. You have a high customer focus and a genuine and strong ability to inspire, develop and motivate individuals and teams.