Today’s Human Resources Leaders want to be challenged, to be strategic business partners, to be key contributors to a company’s performance, culture, and success. The best HR leaders have the ability to drive engagement and inspiration, to build and instill trust, have proven capacity to drive for results and execute against set targets, and can create an environment that cultivates continuous improvement and innovation.
We are looking for a great HR leader! We have an HR Site Manager role at our Central Distribution Center that will give you the opportunity to fulfill these professional objectives and to be a part of a leadership team that is driving critical changes on all levels at this epicenter of the Volvo Group NA Service Market Supply Chain.
This is a chance to take all of your HR experience, expertise, and goals, and contribute to a transformation with tremendous potential for personal and professional satisfaction, development, and pride. As part of the site Leadership Team, the Human Resources Manager leads the site HR function to provide strategic human resources direction for the Central Distribution Center in order to facilitate achievement of site, regional, and global SML business objectives.
Key Position Responsibilities
- Act as a change agent to drive a continuous improvement mindset in a culture of high performance and accountability
- Advise and coach leaders on the implementation of strategies and policies regarding Performance Management, Competence Development, Talent Management, Employee Relations, Workforce Planning, Recruitment, and Compensation and Benefits to support the SML vision and KPI objectives and to maximize employee engagement
- Promote positive employee relations through inspirational leadership. Coach leaders through complex employee relations situations/issues. Champion the Volvo culture as well as assure alignment of management actions with Volvo Group values and principles.
- Assist leaders in organization design activities such as: design of position profiles, individual development plans, personal business plans, and effective organizational planning
- Prioritize a customer service approach, resolving complaints, investigations, and support requests efficiently and thoroughly, ensuring compliance with all related processes, policies, and laws
- Manage the team functions of Human Resources, Labor Relations, Payroll, Training, and Health & Safety
Minimum Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or related discipline or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years’ experience in human resources including at least 5 years of managing an HR team and/or function.
- Experience working in a union environment and or with union employees is preferred.
- Ability to visualize, build, and maintain a competent, effective, strategic HR team and function
- Senior HR Certification is highly regarded. If not currently certified, successful certification is required within two years of hire
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves" and to manage multiple priorities simultaneously - orientated on results
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills (including effective presentation skills) with the ability to interact comfortably at all levels of the organization
- Thorough knowledge of US employment law and HR professional practices
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel occasionally (sometimes international)
About Service Market Logistics
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are an organization of approximately 3,700 employees globally in more than 40 locations. Every day, we are delivering world-class operational excellence for our customers, based upon smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage and optimize the Service Market supply chain for all Volvo Group brands and Joint Ventures. The scope for Service Market Logistics includes Flow Optimization, Inventory Management, Distribution Center Operations, Customs & Trade, as well as the development of logistics solutions to ensure the highest possible parts availability, delivery precision and quality everywhere in the world. We strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on customer success.
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. We operate Central Distribution Center near Memphis, TN as well as 7 Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.
Our Central Distribution Center located in Byhalia MS (approx. 25 miles southeast of Memphis) is a world-class facility encompassing 1 million square foot and employing over 600 employees.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Proceso de postulación
Se te enviará una confirmación por correo electrónico al enviar tu solicitud. Después de esto, todavía es posible actualizar tu perfil personal.