Are you an experience engineer with an interest in taking on complex wiring challenges? Does being a part of a global, collaborative team excite you? Would you like to shape the future of the world as we develop autonomous and electrified vehicles?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Volvo Group is seeking a Lead Engineer to join our Wiring & Harness team in Greensboro, NC.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Our team, Wiring Harness, plays an important role within the Electrical, Electronics & Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) function for Volvo Group North America. We develop and implement complex electrical wiring harness projects within area(s) of assignment including related routing and clipping solutions.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central our work. We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As a Lead Wiring Engineer, you will serve as a full-performance engineer responsible for the design of various wiring harness families. Using design software and inputs from a cross-functional team, you will create harness drawings derived from analytical electrical needs to distribute power and protection to a complex architecture. As a product owner, you will have a hands-on approach in which there will be a need to evaluate and verify your design to ensure that form, fit, and function are accurate.
Who You Are
- Serve as a full-performance engineer with ownership of the design and release timing of various wiring harness families within a defined truck brand.
- Develop and implement complex electrical wiring harness projects, including related routing and clipping solutions.
- Communicate relevant design and project requirements to external design counterpart as applicable.
- Ensure design correctness and completeness for all wiring harness releases within area of responsibility.
- Select best value wiring harness components based on engineering calculations.
- Respond to technical reports and provide corrective solutions and recommendations resulting from validation activities.
- Support purchasing and product finance organizations with detailed product cost and cost of change analysis.
- Support wiring harness supplier(s) with implementing and industrializing wiring harness designs.
If you have read this far, it’s obvious you are interested and now we look at some self-reflection. We believe that you are a team player with a genuine interest in the automotive industry and how it is continuously evolving.
The electrical wiring harness is considered the central nervous system of the vehicle and demands attention to detail, willingness to learn and a strong ambition to cooperate with internal and external stakeholders. You should also possess the ability to plan, drive and follow-up with workload activities to ensure a robust and quality design solution. You will accept and own design responsibility for your parts from concept to implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 8-12+ years of related industry experience
- Expert knowledge of development processes for wiring harnesses
- SAE, IEEE, and Mil standards
- Strong knowledge of heavy-duty vehicle electrical systems
Compensation & Benefits
- Master’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience
Are we the perfect match?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies.
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans.
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first.
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University.
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier.
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here.
We can promise you great colleagues and some truly exciting opportunities both professional and personally. Technology is continuously evolving, and we feel you should be a part of that journey. Apply today to join us in shaping the world we want to live in!