The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. Volvo Group Purchasing
provides competitive advantages to the Volvo Group by selecting high performing suppliers to deliver the best possible products and services that add real business value.
Having selected the best suppliers, we have built strong relationships with them in order to drive the growth, profitability, and continuous improvements we both expect. We drive synergies and share best practices within the Volvo Group. SD&I (Services, Digital & Investment Purchasing) forming a part of Volvo Group Purchasing
is a global purchasing function in the Volvo Group, delivering global, regional, and local purchasing solutions related to indirect goods and services.
Our mandate is to leverage the Group’s consolidated purchasing power, minimize the vendor base by establishing efficient contracts with preferred suppliers, and drive product and service standardization to accomplish synergies and economies of scale.
Our direct team composes of purchasing experts located in few countries (Poland, Germany, Italy, UK) and is working with full indirect procurement scope. Currently we are looking for SD&I Commodity Buyer or Senior Commodity Buyer within the area of indirect purchasing based in Wroclaw or Młochow, Poland. This probably describes you
Imagine yourself looking at a picture. Do you focus on the details, or do you prefer to take a holistic view? Or are you one of those who can’t choose between these two approaches? Do you rather combine your curiosity, analytical side, and your sense of details in finding the best solution in every challenge?
What might seem like an impossible combination for some is the fuel that drives us at Volvo Group Purchasing. Nothing is impossible. Well, isn’t that a cliché, you might think. It surely is. But clichés exist for a reason. This is what you are going to do
This is us: You, me our colleagues and the work environment
- You, our hopefully soon to be colleague, will take the lead in driving indirect procurement segments within Volvo Group Purchasing in Poland.
- You will have segment country purchasing responsibility focusing on areas such as optimizing the supplier base, securing competitive and quality asserted agreements, developing best practice purchasing processes.
- The role may include, in the future, regional responsibility within selected segments as well. It only depends on you!
- You will also drive continuous improvement within your procurement portfolio and by that you will influence your segment performance.
- In other words, you will strengthen Volvo Group’s competitive advantage by understanding the business needs and the supplier market.
- Since you are responsible for several procurement segments in Poland including among others: investments, company cars, operating fluids, facility management your focus will not only be to develop and ensure implementation of a global purchasing strategy, you also will work close with different organizations within the Volvo Group in different countries.
Who are you?
- Friendly and collaborative environment in Swedish organizational culture.
- Multiple opportunities supported by organization for personal and professional development.
- Internal, external and web trainings.
- Varieties of projects in which you may gain new skills, master currently possessed or share your expertise.
- Number of possible development paths – local and regional.
- Modern and friendly workspace: modern campus with medical centre, restaurant, lunchrooms and leisure area with football pitch, basketball ground and tennis court.
- Professional workplace with efficient and ergonomic equipment.
- Everyday use of practical English.
- Very international working environment composed of more than 10 nationalities.
- Real team spirit with great support and respect for individual needs.
- You have master's degree in science, Economy, or Business Administration.
- You are excellent in spoken as well as written Polish and English (additional languages – German - are given merit).
- You are experienced in working with Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- You have proven procurement background & experience of at least 5 years in any sector, indirect purchasing preferred (sourcing, negotiations, contracts, segment management, stakeholders relations, KPIs fulfilment). We will offer you the job title related to your experience seniority.
- You work easily with different purchasing systems (e.g. SAP ARIBA).
- You have international working experience in a matrix organization.
- You have a very professional attitude and mindset focused on business acumen & constant development of skills and competences & creativity and continuous improvement & passion for what you do.
- You are a team player, who likes to work with people, likes to be visible, is brave to raise your voice and is not afraid of challenges.
If you are eager to learn, love doing business and have the drive to take on new challenges, you will probably love it here. Because that is what we do. We take action and we love problem solving. Nothing is impossible. If we don’t dare to enter the storm and take the lead, then who should? Is your mind already among us? Then take your step and apply…