Are you looking for a new challenge with social, economic and environmental implications? Do you want to boost your career and make a difference? Help electrify transportation by joining the team as a Product Safety and Compliance Manager
.WHAT AWAITS YOU
This is an excellent career opportunity if you have extensive knowledge of regulatory processes and are seeking a high-visibility, influent role heading product safety and compliance. In this leadership role, you will be working collaboratively and crossfunctionally to develop regulatory strategy and advising the organization.
You will work closely with in-house product development, operations, and service teams, as well as with external government agencies to ensure product safety and regulatory compliance. You will make sure that appropriate policies and procedures are implemented to ensure full compliance. You will also have to monitor business practices to detect any shortfalls in compliance.
Please note that this position reports to both the Volvo Trucks VP of Product Safety in the USA and the Nova Bus VP of Product Development. The position is based in the Saint-Eustache plant.YOUR BENEFITS
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Up to 6 weeks of vacation at hiring (depending on level of experience)
- 2 weeks of paid leave during the holiday period
- RRSP with employer contribution of up to 7%
- Flexible work schedule
- Ability to telework up to 4 days per week, with 1 day at the plant, depending on organizational needs
WHAT YOU NEED
- Lead, support, and develop your team of product safety standards and regulatory compliance experts.
- Be the organization’s subject matter expert for product safety and regulatory compliance.
- Lead the crossfunctional process for the analysis and resolution of potential safety-related issues.
- Oversee reporting to authorities.
- Identify and interpret legislation, regulations, and industry standards that apply to our products; synthesize information and share it with internal teams.
- Ensure product compliance with various regulatory requirements as part of development projects and product engineering processes.
- Oversee proof of compliance documentation.
- Watch for developments in legislation, regulations, and industry standards, assessing risk and impact, and sharing the information with internal teams.
- Develop the Nova Bus roadmap for safety and compliance process improvement and obtain buy-in throughout the organization.
- Take part and represent Nova Bus in certain reference groups for regulatory or standardization entities and industry associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and a minimum of 10 years of experience in safety and compliance for a manufacturing business in a regulated industry
- Knowledge of Transport Canada and NHTSA automotive safety standards and regulations
- Experience in government regulation interpretation and reporting
- Minimum of 5 years experience in team management
- Excellent functional and crossfunctional leadership
- Ability to influence and manage conflicting opinions
- Ability to work under pressure with a sense of urgency
- Excellent analytical and observational skills
- Diligence in written and spoken communication
- Experience in the heavy vehicle industry, an asset
- Bilingualism (French/English)
- Availability for occasional travel within Canada and the USA
directly online at the link below
or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To see our many career opportunities, visit www.novabus.com
You are welcome on the Nova Bus team, just the way you are! We support diversity in all its forms, and we are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where differences are celebrated.
By submitting your application, you consent to Nova Bus collecting and processing your personal data for evaluation purposes as part of our selection and hiring process until the recruitment process has been completed, and twelve (12) months thereafter. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time and it will be your responsibility to notify us.
Nova Bus thanks those who express an interest by submitting their applications. However, only those whose applications have been selected will be contacted.
Performance | Trust | Customer Success | Change | Passion