What to learn more about Hagerstown?
We work cross-functionally and globally to exceed our customer’s expectations and reach the world class manufacturing level. We have exciting work in front of us, and more on the horizon. The automotive world is changing rapidly and to be part of this big change is an exciting movement. Many growth and countless career opportunities await for leaders who are willing to join our team on this challenging journey.
We are the Heart and We keep the Heart beating. We have recently begun production of electric driveline components in addition to developing and producing heavy-duty diesel engines, transmissions and axles for Volvo Group Brands. In operation since 1961, we are a proud supportive member of the community of Washington County and its surrounding areas.
Find more info here: http://www.volvogroup.com/hagerstown
We are currently looking for students to work with our team as Operations Management Co-ops. You should be prepared to work in an interesting, exciting and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of manufacturing and leadership. As a valued member within GTO, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the First Line Managers focusing on Leadership Development, Business KPIs, and Continuous Improvement. Our goal is to invest in your development by providing you with a leadership opportunity within manufacturing, and to give us (Volvo) an opportunity to nurture and select the next generation of leaders. These positions are available in Assembly, Machining, Logistics, and Maintenance management teams.
- Support managing the organization to achieve safety, quality, delivery and financial targets
- Support team development
- Lead small projects or support larger projects
- Drive lean manufacturing methodology
- Participate in problem solving with the team
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis Investigations
- Safe work environment and behaviors for all team members using a methodical approach to risk identification, mitigation and competence development
- Inspire your team to work together to reach set safety, quality, delivery and financial targets by leading and coaching
- Develop yourself and your team members
- Build autonomous teams, work with cross-functional networks, and create trusting relationships
- Live Volvo’s Values (Customer Success, Trust, Passion, Change, Performance) and Code of Conduct
- Create an inclusive work environment
- Support company programs, policies, and people
- Assess performance, competencies, and flexibility of employees within the department and initiate appropriate training, counselling, or corrective action to optimize the efficiency and effectiveness of the employees
- Apply the principles of lean manufacturing
Co-op Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be currently enrolled and pursuing a degree at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the co-op.
- Co-ops are required to work 40 hours per week and are NOT enrolled in academic courses during their co-op period.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented
- Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Able to learn and adapt quickly to new software including Power BI and other Microsoft Suite applications
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands - Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions, as well as all production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group's customers as well as for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chain for all brands, production facilities and distribution centers where the Volvo Group operates. In Volvo Group Trucks Operations you will be part of a diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.