• Payroll and Administration:
• Responsible for the timekeeping system, which includes all punch records for bargaining unit employees
• Complete all time keeping approvals such as manually entering: ETO, FMLA, WC, Leaving Early, Tardy, unexcused absences, Bereavement, etc.
• Approving all exception time, such as all OT worked
• Changing schedules daily to capture current hours worked
• Complete payroll maintenance including, enrollment of new hires, merit increases, schedule changes/ org changes, etc.
• Determine eligibility for payroll discrepancy. Research issue and confirm with a supervisor before processing
• Processing and requesting of immediate pay, such as pay cards
• Processing of manual adjustments, such as grievance payments or short pays from the following week
• Attendance and vacation information
• Track daily all attendance data for bargaining unit employees
• Calculate vacation eligibility for bargaining unit employees
• Maintain accurate records of vacation and floater holidays
• Coordinate and track employee return to work and ensures compliance with attendance
• Issue attendance disciplinary actions as outlined in current labor contract
• Comply with Court Orders, Garnishments, Tax Liens, Wage and Hour Laws, IRS Regulations
• Support HR and Site Management in analyzing and controlling employee absences
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A minimum of 4 years’ experience with primary responsibility for time and attendance, and Payroll administration and processing in a Distribution Center, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing or Industrial environment is required
• Experience working with multiple 3-rd party time-keeping and/or payroll software systems (currently in use: TMW, ADP) is required
• Experience in a bargaining unit environment is strongly preferred
• Knowledge of Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) and managing attendance per the CBA
• Knowledge of Wage and Hour Law, Employment Law, and other applicable regulations is needed
• Must have MS Office proficiency
• Must be able to prepare very accurate payroll data in accordance with Collective Bargaining Agreement language
• Must have considerable analytic skills and be detail oriented
• Must have excellent customer service focus
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills. Primary language is English.
• Must have a high degree of confidentiality and ethical standards
• Physical Work Demands
• Able to sit and work at computer keyboard for extended periods of time
• Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
• Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone
• Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally
• Regular and on-time attendance
• Hours occasionally exceed 40 hours per week and while rare, there might be a need to potentially work a holiday based on business needs.
Who Are We?
Service Market Logistics (SML) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations (GTO). We are a global organization of 3,750 employees located in over 47 locations in 30 countries. Every day we deliver world-class operational excellence to our customers by applying smart logistics solutions. Our job is to develop, manage, and optimize the Service Market supply chain (aftermarket parts distribution to dealer network) for all Volvo Group brands and joint ventures.
SML NA has 1,200 employees across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our distribution network consists of one Central Distribution Center and seven Regional Distribution Centers throughout North America.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
A new era is here. Technologies such as big data, automation and artificial intelligence are changing the way we look at manufacturing and logistics. Volvo Group Trucks Operations is the organization responsible for truck manufacturing and logistics within the Volvo Group and is shaping future industries.
Volvo Group Trucks Operations encompasses all production of the Group’s engines and transmissions as well as the production of Volvo, Renault and Mack trucks. The organization is also responsible for spare parts supplies to the Group’s customers and for designing, operating and optimizing logistics and supply chains for all brands. Together, Volvo Group Trucks Operations represents 30,000 employees at 30 plants and 50 distribution centers across the globe. Our global industrial footprint offers an opportunity for an international career in a state-of-the-art industrial environment, in which continuous improvement is the foundation. Join our teams as well!
We Participate in E-verify
Nous souhaitons mieux vous connaître
Processus de candidature
Un email de confirmation vous sera adressé une fois votre candidature déposée. Il vous sera toujours possible de modifier votre profil.