Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete Vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As a Maintainability Engineering Intern
you will develop and improve competencies and skills related to translating customer needs into aftermarket technology solutions. Supporting a team of engineers in monitoring the maintenance cost of our products, as well as influencing product concepts during their development from the point of view of maintainability.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Virtual Reality Documentation: increase doc skills
- CAD Review Pre-Work: understanding of Volvo trucks in CAD
- Maintenance cost support by creating new tools to compare data
- Automate processes
- Perform data science and studies related to maintainability
You are a Computer, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to Maintainability Engineering Group Manager.Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Computer, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic or Mechatronic Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Knowledge of programming language (preferably Python)
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development