Join us on our transformation journey to the digital future
At Digital & IT, we have a clear ambition to enable value creation at scale for the Volvo Group. With a new product centric operating model and digital technologies, we will produce digital offerings that are profitable, scalable, and differentiated. With Digital & IT, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals, who learn continuously and embrace change to stay ahead. We have a very important role to play in reaching the Volvo Group ambitions for 2030. Do you want to be part of our transformation journey towards becoming the digital capability of the Group? The time is now.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced IT Quality Manager to lead our IT Quality function
, focusing on ensuring the highest quality of our IT services. As the IT Quality Manager, you will play a pivotal role in implementing, improving, and adopting quality, security, and compliance related processes, ensuring the reliability, performance, and effectiveness of our IT services.
As the IT Quality Manager, you collaborate with other parts of the organization, both in IT, and with the different business units within Volvo Group. You own the Quality strategy and roadmap within the function. You lead the team of Quality Leaders and have direct and functional reports, located worldwide. You represent Digital Delivery Function in quality domain.Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive quality strategy for building quality built-in culture within the function.
- Lead and manage a team of quality leaders, fostering a culture of excellence, collaboration, and lifelong learning.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define and document runtime quality requirements and standards, ensuring alignment with business goals.
- Oversee and guide the execution of quality assurance testing through active collaboration with the Quality assurance departments.
- Ensure that processes adhere to industry standards, regulatory requirements, and internal quality benchmarks through active collaboration with central Quality function and active dialog within business communities.
- Reporting and Communication: Provide regular updates to executive leadership and stakeholders on quality progress, issues, and recommendations related to runtime processes, security, and compliance.
- Community: Drive quality community network within the function. Keep “walk the talk” with the delivery teams, provide relevant guidelines.
- Quality Metrics and Analysis: Monitor and analyze runtime quality and performance metrics, utilizing data-driven insights for improvements and decision-making.
- Resource Management: Manage the allocation of resources, including budget, personnel, and tools, to support quality efforts.
- We believe you want to take your career to the next level, working with amazing people around the world. To be successful in this position we believe you have a university degree, and several years of experience in leadership, preferably within IT Quality management.
- Furthermore, we believe this role requires hands-on experience from working towards digital product orientation and agile ways of working as well as knowledge of quality standards, compliance requirements, and industry best practices for runtime processes, also strong analytical mindset with the ability to use data for decision-making.
- The right candidate will be able to think and act strategically but also to operate and implement change tactically when required, dealing effectively with ambiguity, and managing changing priorities. To be successful in this role you have the experience and knowledge of how to operate in a global technological transformation on a strategic level. This role requires solid communication and collaboration skills and a passion for leading, inspiring, and developing people.
In addition to this, you are a passionate believer in lifelong learning. You should feel energized by working both independently and interdependently, have proven skills in cross-functional collaboration and thrive in managing, foster, and enable both the perform and the transform angles of the job. Are we a good match?
In the Volvo Group, we have defined leadership as a set of observable behaviors that leaders exercise to achieve alignment towards our vision 2030, to better execute our strategy and for the Group to continuously renew itself to “Perform and Transform”. To reach our vision and deliver on our strong commitments, we need to pair “the will” with “the skill”. That is why our leadership principles are behavioral based. The principles Lead with Passion, Perform with Purpose and Transform with Vision are our values in action, and they will strengthen our culture.
We encourage the ability to drive business forward and act upon opportunities and ideas and transform them into value (financial, cultural, or social) for others. We create an environment where of continuously improvements and learning maximize the outcome of our work.
To achieve our goals, we collaborate within and across teams. We create a sense of unity and trust by nurturing open dialogues and collective work. We build a work environment where diversity in expertise, opinion and culture is valued. If these principles light your inner fire, you might be the next player in our talented team! In preparation for our discussion, we would appreciate if you considered the following in your application/cover letter:
The most difficult problem you’ve solved in the last 6 months.