Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers' expectations. Developing and coaching his team to reach the production goals, increase the flexibility and offline quality while minimizing unnecessary costs in a safe and motivating environment. (This position will be more of an entry level management position)
Principal Duties and Accountabilities (*Essential Functions)
- Overall responsibility for production safety, delivery, quality, cost, environmental, people and on-time performance for his department.
- Drives a culture that is focused on continuous improvement, positive morale and exceptional levels of customer service.
- Supervises and coaches teams (direct staff & support functions) in an accountable manner for meeting Manufacturing Operations goals and objectives.
- Complies with all Company and Governmental policies, rules of conduct and regulations including OSHA, safety, environmental, and health and supports team in compliance with the same.
- Manages manpower needs and concerns including but not limited to safety, ergonomics, overtime, absenteeism, discipline, and shutdown.
- Work jointly with UAW officials to achieve an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect while moving forward in the best interest of the company.
- Champions Lean activities in assigned areas of responsibility, identifying waste and promoting continuous improvement in alignment with the Volvo Production System. Advanced ability to apply various Lean tools to include coaching, root cause analysis, 4 Step Method, 5W1H, VSM, Poka Yoke, Kanban, Kaizen, Visual Management, 5S, etc. Responsible for promoting and reporting employees’ ideas and suggestions.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to manage change. Fosters diversity and promotes the development of direct reports through mentoring/coaching and empowerment to increase skill sets and talent levels of the team.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with partners and gains their trust and respect
- Effective Team Building and working through cross functional teams. Works within a team environment that stresses employee participation and engagement.
- Business acumen: broad based depth of knowledge and experience within Production.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, troubleshoot and arrive at efficient and effective solutions to supply chain and material flow challenges.
- Communication: Listening effectively, transmitting information accurately and understandably, and actively seeking feedback.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles, resistance, or ambiguity.
- Managerial courage: does not hold back anything that needs to be said. Provides current, direct, complete and actionable positive and corrective feedback to others.
- Self-awareness: knows personal strengths, weaknesses and limits. Gains insights from mistakes and is open to criticism.
- Initiative: Taking action in the absence of specific instructions or in the absence of a specific requirement, taking reasonable risks to achieve results, and persevering when challenged.
- Drive for Results, Priority setting and decision making. Ability to make good, rapid decisions in a face paced environment.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished trust in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
Qualifications, Educational Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management or equivalent.
- Manufacturing and assembly experience is a must. Experience in Automotive/Heavy Truck Manufacturing Industry desired.
- Demonstrated history in achieving production success through leading a continuous improvement culture.
- Good understanding of the commercial vehicle industry.
- 3-5 years or equivalent supervisory management experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- MBA Degree preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- Continuous Improvement/ World Class Manufacturing knowledge.
- Manufacturing Cycle Counting experience preferred.
- Demonstrated history in leading Production employees to meet business targets.
Mack is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus and Volvo Penta.
We Participate in E-verify
우리는 여러분을 알고 싶습니다.
볼보에서의 여정이 시작됩니다! 지원서를 제출하는 즉시 이메일 확인서가 발송됩니다. 이후에도 계정에 로그인하여 개인 프로필을 업데이트할 수 있습니다. 채용 팀에서 현업 관리자와 함께 여러분의 지원서를 검토할 것입니다. 서류전형 합격자에게 다음 단계에 대한 정보가 제공됩니다.