Are you a motivated Engineer with a passion for solving complex electrical engineering problems? Do you work best in a diverse, inclusive environment where collaboration is the key to success? Does being a part of creating and delivering a new product lineup excite you?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you! Mack Trucks is seeking a CAD Product Design Engineer to join our team in Salem, VA. Who We Are
Mack Trucks has recently established its Roanoke Valley Operations (RVO) manufacturing facility for the production of the newly launched Mack Medium Duty (MD) Series. This 280,000 square feet facility is dedicated to the assembly of Mack medium-duty vehicles, adding to an already robust product lineup to reach new customers and applications. Serial production of the Mack MD Series began in July 2020.
As we aim to learn from the successes of this commercial venture and harmonize engineering opportunities, the development of the Mack MD was recently joined with our Vehicle Engineering Team within Group Trucks Technology.
Vehicle Engineering secures our customers’ success by leading and developing of the Volvo Trucks North America and MACK vehicles. As product owners we develop the most attractive and profitable heavy duty truck solutions in the industry. We work as one development team: supporting each other to secure delivery according to decided product plan, and we proactively recommend new technologies for future customer needs.What You Will be Doing
As the CAD Product Design Engineer, you will support CAD engineering for the Mack product line from initial design through production release and postproduction support. You will also be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Planning and executing of complete CAD engineering designs of Mack Medium Duty trucks.
- Interfacing with other technical design areas to ensure cross-collaboration and efficiency.
- Developing designs that are feasible and economical to produce in the manufacturing facilities and processes available.
- Providing alternative design solutions, analyses, justifications.
- Facilitating selection of designs within CAD that achieve best possible trade-off of cost, timing, innovation, and performance.
- Assuming responsibility for the CAD Module after transition from design to volume production.
- Contributing to manufacturing performance and customer service by assisting in the solution production or quality problems associated with the CAD design.
- Assisting Product Engineers by ensuring that product designs meet customer requirements and analyzing production methods to ensure time and cost goals are reached.
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 3-5+ years of mechanical CAD engineering experience
- Knowledge of heavy equipment and automotive transportation industry preferred
- CAD CATIA experience required; Professional training in a CATIA CAD system preferred
- Demonstrated lean manufacturing experience
- Necessary technical/functional/language skills
- Familiarity working with surfaces for body panels and plastic parts
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier