Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Vehicle Engineering (VE) is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. VE is responsible for the integration and development of technologies into a complete truck for all brands within the Volvo Group. We offer integrated solutions to our customers, and we are dedicated to high quality and competitive time to market.What you will be doing
As a Mechanical Engineering Co-op
you will be working with industry experts in the field of automotive body design. This includes the cab body (known as Body in White), large composite assembly roofs, door hardware (hinges, latches, door drop-glass, handles, latches, sealing…) windshield and other glazing. Key functions of the components are collision safety, aerodynamics, durability, water tightness and interfaces to trim and hardware. You’ll be working in CAD, to design solutions, and working with physical builds, prototypes, supporting new product launch teams, validation testing. Resolving various problems along the way.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Support Engineers to design various cab body components, using CAD
- Conduct various engineering studies to support designs
- Make various prototypes – such as 3D printing, machine from solid, sheet steel brackets
- Visit production facilities and suppliers
- Root cause various problems, and recommend solutions
- Verify proposed solutions with CAE simulation and testing
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Group Manager, Cab Body.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Co-ops are not enrolled in academic courses during their co-op rotation and may work up to 40 hours per week