Welcome to Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America. We provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete powertrain products as well as supporting Aftermarket business.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) team
, which delivers all electrical and software features for Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks in the North American market. We work with diesel platforms, electromobility products, automation, and connectivity in a committed effort to drive progress and shape the future landscape of sustainable transportation.
We develop and maintain solutions for the North American market in close collaboration with development teams around the world. We are now increasing our focus on Automation and Electromobility. As we continue to grow, we have an exciting opening in our Wiring Harness team.
Would you like to join us and shape the future of the world as we develop autonomous and electrified vehicles?
If you are an engineer and are:
A team player with a genuine interest in the automotive industry and how it is continuously evolving. Committed to customer success, passionate Engineer looking to work in a cooperative work environment with skilled engineers willing to support you and see you learn and grow. Willing to embrace challenges to develop future transport solutions and make an impact on the environment and society.
You are a good candidate! This would be a normal day in our team
You will ensure electronics hardware, network communications, and wiring routing are integrated into one system that controls an ever-increasing number of vehicle functions, vehicle controls, body and security, infotainment, active safety, automation, electrification and other comfort, convenience, and connectivity functionality.
As Senior Wiring Architect, you will develop and identify the best solution for wiring harness and cabling installation in early phases of projects. You will define the optimal routing solution with focus on quality, installation cost, ease of assembly and serviceability. Attention to detail and thorough installation studies are essential for ensuring that a durable and reliable solution is implemented.
As the transportation industry is rapidly evolving towards advanced electrification and automation, you will promote a scalable harness installation that accommodates all of the new technology requirements for computing power, data processing, and power distribution. This will serve as the backbone of electrical and electronic architecture to support the power and data needs of every electrical device in the vehicle.What will be your responsibilities?
Requirements and Qualifications
- Translating high level requirements into requirements for sub-systems while developing wiring requirement and specification documents
- Reviewing feasibility of requirements within concept development
- Designing with cost, installation, and servicing mindset, driving the optimization of wiring installation across several platforms
- Driving wiring integration feasibility and supporting functional safety implementation
- Documenting the definition of failure modes for harness and cable installation (DFMEA) as well as developing and documenting wiring architecture concepts based on requirements
- Participating in and actively drive concept study phases for high level projects and communicating to secure alignment on concepts between multiple stakeholders, locally and globally
- Acting as an advocate and voice for the wiring teams in early phases of development
- Mentoring junior wiring engineers
- Operating with a global mindset by engaging engineering counterparts from other sites
- Supporting wiring and installation roadmaps while exploring new opportunities with evolving wire and installation technology
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 5 to 8 years electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of development processes for wiring harnesses SAE, IEEE, and Mil standards
Compensation & Benefits
- Master’s degree
- Wiring harness and schematic design experience is beneficial
- Harness construction and hands on approach is beneficial
- Automotive, Military, Commercial Vehicle engineering experience is an advantage
- Strong PC skills are highly desirable
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Family building benefits, including fertility support and adoption assistance
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- A working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier