Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Complete Vehicle (CV), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. Complete vehicle translate the soul of the brand to a product message, design the products and services, deliver all truck and component builds, develop niche products and aftermarket solutions, and verify and validate the products and services.What you will be doing
As a Prototype Test Engineering Intern
you will help the prototype vehicle workshop prepare test objects for testing. You will assist the group manager with schedule and reviewing work requests. You will also work the test mechanics to perform retrofits of on our fleet of prototype vehicles. This position will require you to frequently work with your hand.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Work within a team of technicians and test engineers to prepare, develop, instrument, and perform vehicle test
- Your job duties may include mechanical labor, prototype development, installation and troubleshooting of instrumentation
- Assist with test rigs, perform tests under direction of test engineer
- Ability to communicate detailed technical information to an audience with various levels of technical understanding
- Comply with safety and company policies and use protective equipment as required
You are a Mechanical Engineering student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering. As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the group manager of prototype vehicle workshop.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in (Mechanical Engineering or related program) at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.