Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products excite you? Join our team!
Who We Are
Our team, Volvo Group Design creates superior customer value by designing appealing products and services with strong brand profiles for the Volvo Group. Volvo Group Design expertise consists of generating ideas of future designs and inspiring creativity and innovation within the Volvo Group. We constantly increase innovation and efficiency through cooperation between our design studios located in Gothenburg, Greensboro, and Lyon.What you will be doing
As a Exterior Design Intern
you will support the Volvo Group Design team building a roadmap of future exterior design layouts/features/functions aligned with company objectives and industry trends. You will also secure the technical feasibility and user experience standards of Volvo Group Design concepts and deliverables are valid while identifying and proposing solutions to conflicts between feature requirements and technical feasibility.
Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Research and anticipate customer needs as well as industry technology trends
- Bring a strong aesthetic aligned with the premium Volvo brand as well as the unique application of trucks
- Help to define a timeline of future concepts to promote adopting future technologies
- Support / assist in the development and construction of 3D digital models
- Participate in Group Designs development process
- Support studio work by designing and prototyping various proposals to be used as mock-ups and validate Volvo Group Design proposals
- Must be willing to propose near-term feasible solution as well as far-reaching transportation solutions focused on exterior design
You are an Industrial Designer student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Head of Design.
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a BFA degree in Industrial Design at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Interns may work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term.