The internship provides students with the opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment, and to support/promote the graduate's career goals through contact with professionals in their field of study. We are looking for a Digital Communications Intern who has a passion for international development with communications experience. The Digital Communications Intern will report to the Director of Public Relations, and will be an integral part of the Communications team, working on website and social media content development.
Writing will be an integral part of this position; please include at least two writing samples in your application.Responsibilities / Main Tasks / Targets:
• Assist with projects related to the company’s corporate website enhancements, including drafting content for the site, identifying images for the content and coordinating the update to the web site IT team for uploading.
• Creating graphics for use on external and internal communications channels.
• Create written and visual content for Volvo Group North America’s social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter.
• Coordinate with internal candidates such as Public Affairs, Marketing and other departments to identify priorities and relevant content for Volvo Group-owned social platforms.
• Work with PR team to create an editorial calendar for social media topics that promotes company updates and announcements, aligns with relevant, topical news and reinforces the Volvo Group’s corporate image. Essential Skills and Required Experience:
• Prior experience creating digital visual content required.
• Demonstrated experience using graphic design software, such as Adobe editing products (Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop), Canvas or Tableau.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including experience with proofreading, understanding and condensing complex information into quick summaries.
• Strong interpersonal skills: ability to work well individually and in a team in a very diverse and multicultural organization in remote and in-person settings.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Teams).
• Experience preferred in managing various social media and marketing tools including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize important tasks; detail-oriented.Duration:
This position will work up to 40 hours per week during the summer term. Minimum Education Requirements:
• Currently pursuing a bachelor/graduate degree in Communications, Journalism or related field of study and have completed 30 semester hours prior to the start of the internship. Recent graduates also accepted.
• Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
• Customer Focus
• Team Player
• Integrity and Trust
• Action Oriented
IT Applications: Microsoft Office programs (Excel /Word/PowerPoint/SharePoint/Outlook/Teams); Adobe editing products (Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop) or Tableau. As a successful intern you will:
• Lead with passion
• Perform with purpose
• Transform with vision
We believe in the importance of diversity and inclusiveness to make us a stronger and better organization. The motivation and passion to support our customers set us apart from others that want to be like us. Our company culture is how we interact with each other, with our customers and society as a whole. It is the foundation on which everything else is built. We embrace new ideas and constantly challenge the status quo – innovation is driven by a willingness to change to stay ahead and find smart ways to create new solutions.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer.
We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development