HGV Technician - Night Shift
Up to £25 per hour
+ £1000 signing bonus
Flexible on shifts - speak to us with your preference!
Monday to Friday - 2200hrs to 0600hrs - (1/2 hr unpaid break)
or possibly 4 nights - longer hours?
Who are you:
- Competitive salary up to £25 per hour dependent upon qualifications & experience
- Overtime @ time and a half Mon to Sat - double time Sundays/bank hols!
- 25 days holiday p
- Generous Pension Plan
- Health cash plan = access to dental insurance
- Ignition, our electric vehicle salary sacrifice scheme
- Enhanced holiday package
- Enhanced maternity/adoption/paternity leave
- Cash saving plan
- Employee savings and retail discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Career development opportunities, along with training plans managed through our inhouse technical training team.
- Support for you and your family through an online Wellbeing centre
You’ll hold a City and Guilds, an NVQ3 or an equivalent qualification
. You’ll also have completed an apprenticeship in the HGV
industry, or have equivalent experience, along with relevant experience in the commercial vehicle industry.
A basic knowledge of computer software packages including Word, Excel and Outlook is preferred, as is a general level of computer literacy.
Finally, we’d expect you to have a basic working knowledge of vehicle technology.We’ll need you to:
What’s in it for you:
- Ensure repairs are carried out according to manufacturer’s procedures, safely and responsibly
- Ensure repairs are carried out in accordance with Volvo Standard Times using Volvo Special Tools where appropriate
- Assist in the fault diagnosis process
- Comply with warranty procedures during repairs and warranty material on completion of each repair
- Assist with Action Service Europe when required
- Work with the Parts Team to ensure the correct replacement parts are fitted
- Road test vehicles when required (if you hold an HGV licence)
- Assist with roadside breakdowns
- Ensure company time recording procedures are complied with, and that job cards are completed accurately
- Ensure service sheets are completed as per Volvo instructions
- Ensure all vehicle defects are reported to workshop controllers
- Keep all workshop facilities, equipment and tools clean, tidy and well maintained
- Wear personal protective equipment when appropriate
- Support the development of young trainees and apprentices
As part of the Volvo Trucks team, you’ll be working for one of the world’s leading vehicle manufacturers. But not only that, you’ll be working for a company that truly values the people who work for it.
When you join Volvo, you’ll be assigned a training path, enabling you to work through a number of courses both online and in person to develop your skills and support you in your new role.
With Volvo Trucks you will be part of a global and diverse team. We work with passion; we trust each other, and we embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.So, if you’re genuinely excited by what we have on offer and know that you can further strengthen the Volvo Trucks team to make it even more of a success, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.