Do you enjoy developing solutions to complex technical problems? Does the idea of creating electrical power components and power management systems for heavy-duty truck applications excite you? Are you driven by seeing your work come to life, to be used and loved by customers across the country and around the globe?
If so, we are seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer, Power Components
to lead component development and projects in Greensboro, NC!Who We Are
Our team, Hardware within Electrical Engineering and Vehicle Connectivity, is part of Vehicle Engineering in the Volvo Group Trucks Technology organization in Greensboro. We develop, release, and support most of the electrical power, HMI, sensor, and connectivity components for Mack and Volvo heavy duty trucks, primarily serving the North American market. We use industry best practices to develop powerful, durable, safe, and reliable components used in the most desirable truck brands in the market.What You Will be Doing
As Lead Engineer, you will influence all aspects of the power systems architecture for current and future Volvo and Mack trucks. As Volvo GTT moves into new electromobility and autonomous truck product offerings, you will lead project and component development to ensure delivery of reliable, high-performance solutions for power generation, storage, conversion, protection, and distribution throughout the vehicle.
You will be responsible for:
Who You Are
- Providing leadership to the power management scope within the Hardware group
- Ensuring project and new product deliveries are met
- Supporting full-lifecycle development of new components that provide low voltage electrical power to all truck systems
- Mentoring junior engineers within the team
- Cross-functional communication and interaction with internal departments outside of EEVC and suppliers
Compensation & Benefits
- Master’s Degree in EE, mechatronics or similar degree program.
- 8-12+ years of experience in automotive or vehicle electrical design or component development
- Relevant experience in leadership
- Experience in project management of large projects, specifically in an agile environment
- A take-charge attitude – not afraid to ask questions or navigate a large and complex corporate organization
- An innovative, tenacious, disciplined mindset that motivates and inspires your colleagues
- A passion for mentoring and coaching new employees
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here