Would you like to work in an empowered, enthusiastic, and challenging atmosphere? Are you interested in new technologies such as automation, electromobility, and connectivity? Does the opportunity to drive the development of future Volvo products while creating a sustainable future excite you? Join our team!Who We Are
Our team, Project & Product Strategy Office (PPSO), is part of Volvo Group Trucks Technology (GTT), a division of Volvo Group North America, provide state-of-the-art research, engineering, product planning and project execution to final delivery of complete products and support of the products in the aftermarket. PPSO are responsible for technology strategies and strategic product planning for the Volvo Group as well as for project management of product change introductions (Intro Blocks). What you will be doing
As a Project & Product Strategy Intern you will support the Program Director and Project Planner in launching Volvo projects. You will interact with many different areas of the company and learn the details of how projects are managed within Volvo. Most of your time will be spent supporting with running and updating reports on the project status.Your mission will be:
Who you are
- Run and update weekly reports
- Data clean-up and analysis of weekly reports in excel
- Assist in updating excel graphs for reporting to management
- Work with other business areas to ensure the information in our report system is up-to-date
- Automate reporting clean-up
- Create Power BI Interfaces for the different project phases
You are a student that is prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment, gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of engineering (or mechanical, electrical, software, design, production, etc.). As a valued member of the engineering team within GTT, you will have the opportunity to work directly with the engineers in the department. GTT’s values collaboration and life-long learning and our goal is to contribute to your development while providing you an opportunity to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. You will report to the Program Director and Planner.Required:
Ready to join our team and shape tomorrow’s society together with us?
- Must be enrolled and pursuing a degree in Business/Technical or related program at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75.
- Preferred: Availability and interest in continuing during this period is a bonus as the internship will continue Fall 2024.
At the Volvo Group, we strive for a clear, transparent, and straightforward compensation approach, motivating you to contribute to the company’s growth. For all intern and co-op positions, the hourly range is set at $16.00 - $46.00. The hourly rate for these roles is determined by several factors including, but not limited to, geographic location, academic classification, and degree seeking area of study. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current team members as part of any final offer. We also offer the following benefits to interns and co-ops:
- Housing assistance
- Countless career opportunities / internal mobility across our global organization
- Training and personal development