Are you an experience Project Manager with a talent for overseeing complex product development projects? Do you have an interest and passion for being a part of industry evolutions and technology transformations?
If so, we have a great opportunity for you! Our team is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our Project Office team for the Electrical, Electronics & Vehicle Connectivity team in Greensboro, NC.
Read on for more details!Who We Are
Our team is a vital piece of the Electrical, Electronics and Vehicle Connectivity (EEVC) department for Volvo Group North America. EEVC develops driver electronics and infotainment, vehicle electronics and safety, power management and wiring solutions for Volvo Trucks and Mack Trucks. We develop new solutions and maintain these in close cooperation with technology teams and our suppliers in a truly global environment.
Together with us, you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals. We have a strong culture based on our company values, which are central to our work.
We believe in a work environment where:
What You Will be Doing
- We constantly strive for outstanding Performance.
- We are obsessed with Customer Success.
- We initiate Change to stay ahead.
- We willingly place our Trust in each other.
- We have a huge Passion for what we do.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will be part a cross-functional project team delivering product development projects for the Conventional Range. You will be the overall responsible for the successful project introduction. This includes being involved in the full product lifecycle from high level prerequisites and concept development through delivery of the product. You will work closely with a variety of stakeholders and solution providers to secure a complete project delivery supporting our Mack and Volvo Trucks.
Who You Are
- Leading cross functional project team to successfully deliver the assigned projects
- Reporting to Steering Committees and Councils on project progress and milestones
- Managing project management team with a complete business focus and sense of urgency
- Managing the projects key parameters (quality, delivery, cost, and features) according to set targets
- Identifying and mitigating projects risks
- Coaching everyone within the project team towards the common goal
- Taking an active role in developing future ways of working for project management in EEVC, with an end user/customer perspective
Compensation & Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 8+ years of related project management experience in transport industry
- Proven experience interfacing with cross-function teams across multiple sites
- Experience leading software content projects
- Demonstrated effective leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
Are you ready to join our team and shape the future of the transportation industry together with us?
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off including paid caregiver and parental leave policies
- Competitive matching retirement savings plans
- Working environment where your safety, health and wellbeing come first
- Focus on professional and personal development through Volvo Group University
- Programs that make today’s challenging reality of combining work and personal life easier
- Want to learn more about these programs? Continue your exploratory journey with us here