Physical EE ArchitectLocation
: Gothenburg, Sweden
Do you feel inspired by working in the border area between electrics & electronics and the physical world? Do you want to be part of a team where we have the future in focus while standing with our feet in the present?
We are looking for engaged engineers with the skills, expertise and, more importantly, passion to take our electrical and electronic system to the next level. In addition to leading the design and evolution of the EE architecture itself (both software and hardware topology wise), the group is responsible for establishing the physical concepts, i.e., ensure that it can be installed on the physical truck, and balancing requirements between the EE system and the vehicle system.Shaping tomorrow’s technology
At Vehicle Technology, we are passionate about shaping tomorrow’s technology to create excellent sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions to make the world a better place for future generations. We provide innovative, safe and driver friendly solutions, we develop top quality services, and we make our customer operations more efficient by using excellent data insights. We support the Volvo Group engineering community with cutting edge tools and methods.Your role:
As a Physical Architect you shape the Electrical Hardware System layouts for the Vehicle Platforms by applying balancing of architectural quality attributes to strive for optimum sweet spots in the Vehicle Architecture. You will drive investigations and develop principal system solutions for HW Electrical Architectures in the different applications utilized by a common architecture and shared technology mindset.
Strengthened by these investigations you will also contribute to formulating strategies and roadmaps in the area of physical architecture. You will be part of a small team who are the center of expertise in the area and drive the topic, but you will at the same time need to work extensively together with other stakeholders throughout GTT to secure the feasibility of your solutions.How to succeed:
To succeed in this role, you should embody the following qualities:
- Technical skills: Insight in HW electrical systems is a good skill to possess. A good insight in principles of vehicle decomposition into vehicle modules i.e., vehicle modularization is requested. You have preferably earlier experience of working in CATIA or CREO that can be used in light version in your investigations by visualizing and communicating your ideas in a CAD viewer application.
- Leadership: You should be passionate, professional, and forward-thinking. Your role will involve motivating and influencing high-performing teams and actively participating in strategic planning and execution.
- Communication: Effective communication, particularly in English, is a necessity. You should have the ability to connect and network in a global, multi-cultural organization spanning all Volvo Group brands.
- Adaptability: Thriving in a changing environment is a key asset. Your ability to find motivation in contributing to the global transformation of the transport and infrastructure industry will be crucial in this role.
- MSc in Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Preferably a few years of practical experience in either design of electrical systems, vehicle architecture, packaging or similar.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
It is meritorious to have one or more of the following:
- Understanding of CAD and DMU
- Ability to lead and drive investigations to completion in collaboration with others.
- Ability to reach concrete and tangible results.
- Have a can-do attitude
- Genuine interest to improve the area and find better solutions and ways of working compared to today.
We strongly believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives and backgrounds leads to a better environment for our employees and by extension offers more value to our customers. We strive for an inclusive culture that leverages the strengths inherent in diversity. Above all, it is our people that make the difference.What can we offer you?
We can offer you an exciting and global working environment which will give you valuable experience that will contribute to your future development within the Volvo Group.
You will get the opportunity to interact with highly committed colleagues from different cultures and to influence the development of our future products.
Customer success, trust and passion are key values for us. We hope you will learn as much from us as we will from you.
For further questions please contact: Daniel Lith, Hiring Manager (email: email@example.com
)Apply here: http://gr.8job.eu/6PrCzjNcKindly note that due to GDPR, we will not accept applications via mail. Please use our career site.