Service Market Logistics (SML)
, part of Volvo Group Trucks Operations, serves all brands and business areas by managing and optimizing service parts availability and distribution to secure customer uptime. Through our operations, we provide world class service focusing on delivery precision, quality, continuous improvement, cost efficiency and synergies delivering value all the way to our customers. We embrace innovation and new technologies and work with environmental care and sustainability at heart. Our footprint consists of 40 distribution centers and 3,800 employees worldwide, and we strive for an innovative and diverse workplace, exercising the Volvo Group values with high focus on Customer Success. We are Proud to Deliver. Making a Difference. For People. Every Day.
SML North America (NA) is a part of SML and has about 1,000 employees across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We operate the Central Distribution Center in Byhalia, MS as well as Regional Distribution Centers across the NA region.Mission & Purpose:
The Cost and Inventory Manager is part of the SML NA Business Control team and will report directly to the Director of Business Control.
The Business control team is responsible to secure the financial reporting is done in an accurate and timely manner. Even more important, the thorough analysis of the performance is critical to support the SML NA team to take the proper decisions to achieve the Volvo Group’s strategic objectives.
One of the most interesting reasons to join the Business Control team is that we work cross-functionally with all SML departments, with all the different Business Areas and supporting four different Brands - Volvo Trucks, Mack Trucks, Volvo Construction Equipment and Volvo Penta. What we do every day in SML has a direct impact on the satisfaction of Volvo Group customers.
With us, you can continuously develop yourself, improve your own professional skills and drive change together with committed people! Scope and Influence:
The manager’s ability to lead and develop direct reports is critical to the success of this role. Analytical skills to understand past data and future trends, with a holistic view, is just the basics. Your role is to use this information and proactively identify actions to improve performance, communicate those effectively and drive the changes cross-functionally when applicable.
In addition to a continuous improvement mindset, the manager may understand the End-to-End impact of different actions and decisions to secure satisfaction of our customers.Essential Functions:
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Continuously improve the way you work, develop yourself and develop your peers.
- Effectively manage and develop direct reports.
- Responsible for SML Standard Cost of Sales calculation and process.
- Secure overall quality of inventory financial results. Responsible to challenge inventory levels and identify opportunities to be worked on by a cross functional team.
- Responsible to reinforce that all financial processes are being followed, challenged and adjusted to secure continuous improvements.
- Champion efforts to identify and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Work closely to all other members of business control team to identify opportunities and prioritize resources as needed to increase performance.
- Lead financial review meetings with different stakeholders as needed.
- Secure compliance with Volvo Financial Policies and Authorization framework.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- MBA or advanced education is a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of business analysis experience.
- Experience in logistics, parts distribution or service sales preferred.
- Experience leading people is required, minimum of 3 years preferred.
Market Logistics offers the opportunity to learn about, and impact, all our North American brands. In addition, we offer:
- Proficiency in the English language is required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable to communicate effectively considering different audiences.
- Teamwork and cooperation - critical factors to the success of the team and motivation of the individuals.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Advanced Excel skills required, Power BI highly desirable.
- Experience in SAP and Business Objects required. ESSBASE, VGCS preferred.
- Creative thinking and innovative problem solving.
- Unafraid of failure, willingness to learn and continually improve.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment striving towards operational excellence.
- Ability to be coachable and comfortable with direct and transparent communication.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals with minimum supervision and ability to drive initiatives to completion.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Competitive compensation
- Generous ETO (earned time off)
- 401k with matching